Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for a Plant Manager in our Kearney, NE facility.
The Plant Manager is responsible for the management of the Kearney facility to meet both the short and long-term business objectives of the location and Eaton’s overall business plan. In this role, you will manage all functional areas of the facility such as operations, engineering, quality, human resources, finance, new products, materials planning and procurement.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Inform higher levels of management outside the facility of progress, goals, strategies and risks associated with day-to-day operation of the Kearney facility.
- Approve and manage the facility’s budget; this includes approving expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Review and execute competitive, long and short-term business plans, including engineering and manufacturing technologies, as well as organizational restructuring.
- Maintain and maximize the utilization of the corporate assets of plant building and grounds, machine tools, process equipment, computer systems and material inventories.
- Plan and direct production activities, including, processing, distribution, and engineering activities of the organization to ensure priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines and equipment.
- Direct lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, OpA, EBS Pull and continuous improvement projects for the facility. Ensures full compliance with Eaton Business Excellence criteria and the Eaton Continuous Improvement Framework (CIF).
- Develop and communicate initiatives to measure and improve key business drivers (i.e., customer satisfaction, growth, profitability and asset management, quality, excellence through people).
- Support and champion the development of plant human resources in compliance with Eaton Values & Philosophy to maximize value while assuring compliance to all national and corporate regulations. Builds organizational capabilities to support a high-performance culture through mentoring and developing new talent.
- Develop and implement plans to enhance the quality of work life and culture within the plant by assuring that open channels of communication exist with employees; participative employee teams are cultivated and trained; and clean, safe working conditions are maintained.
- Provide strategy to the local management team for the Kearney location on short term and long-term direction based on the overall vision for the future of the campus.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in a manufacturing organization
- Minimum 5 years of experience as a manager of people
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree from an accredited institution
- Six Sigma Blackbelt Certification.
- Prior work experience in different functions
- A thorough understanding of financial practices and financial statements is required, including capital equipment analysis, cost accounting, budgeting, project cost analysis, maintenance analysis, and organizational techniques.
- A demonstrated ability to drive change and successfully lead and implement the change activities.
- Working knowledge of information systems, human resources and driving key projects and plant initiatives.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Proficiency in business software programs (e.g., Microsoft Office, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to build positive working relationships with all levels of employees.
- An undergraduate degree is required.
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be located in Eaton’s Kearney, NE facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time