Sr. Engineer VAVE
Job Title: Senior Engineer VAVE #061113
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Senior Engineer VAVE in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Vehicle Group based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Vehicle Group and the primary responsibility of this role is to lead and execute Value Analysis projects related to Heavy Duty, Medium Duty transmission and clutch components with end to end ownership. This includes assessing technical and commercial feasibility of engineering projects, design and development of components and validation testing of transmission and clutch components. The applicant needs to demonstrate end to end ownership and execute projects in a timely manner with quality deliverables.
Your essential responsibilities:
· Lead and implement Value Analysis relatedengineering projects for Eaton Transmission and clutch products right fromconcept to product design, product build, validation testing and itsimplementation for relatively low and medium complex component level projects
· Generate new ideas that are technically andcommercially viable for Eaton Transmission and clutch portfolio to reduceoverall cost of the products and be competitive in the market
· Leverage DFSS methodology to identifytechnical risks at an early stage of product development and develop robustproduct that meets customer requirements and specification
· Fosters New patents/disclosures while workingon New Product development, VAVE and problem-solving projects.
· Demonstrate and leverage knowledge onengineering fundamentals and analytical skills to leverage analysis firstapproach to reduce verification testing and in turn enhance realized savingsof the projects
· Lead and execute multiple VA PROLaunchprojects in parallel with work package approvals, engineering management planand attaining all engineering deliverables per activity matrix
· Conducting technical reviews for team andprovide technical mentoring to enhance first pass yield of projectdeliverables and in turn enhance customer satisfaction
If you are:
Bachelor / Masters in Mechanical Engineering, with demonstrated experience in technical engineering organization.
5-7 years of experience with multinational engineering organization
Vehicle industry exposure and experience.
Knowledge of Value Engineering principles & its deployment
Powertrain engineering experience. Good analytical skills in mechanical disciplines. In-depth knowledge of various truck transmissions, clutches, gear& spline cutting, casting, forgings etc. Work & interact with global cross-functional and cross-cultural team.
Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to clearly communicate to internal/external customers and suppliers. Experience with CAD, FEA, CFD, Thermal, Vibration and Critical Speed analysis. Design knowledge of bearings, lubrication and system integration.
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day.
It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring region only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time