Senior Safety Supervisor
- You will participate in development of EHS strategic initiative planning, including financial budgeting.
- You will work in conjunction with Manufacturing, Maintenance and/or service contractors in resolution of facility problems and projects associated with EHS.
- You assist in establishment of strategic direction projects, including development of expense and capital planning.
- You will lead projects, or support tasks, for site safety and environmental improvements.
- You will lead or support troubleshooting/problem analysis that leads to problem solutions. You will lead, support, or mentor other employees in EHS activities.
- You will create, maintain, and provide EHS training to meet annual requirements.
- You will participate in ergonomic risk reduction team.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required.
Minimum 3 years of environmental, health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Mechanical engineering and/or project management experience.
Industrial hygiene background, strongly preferred.
Experience with ergonomics and Humantech.
Experience in developing and delivering training in environmental, health and safety.
Experienced dealing with local, state, and federal agencies in relation to EHS.
Experience driving/leading culture change in an EHS environment.
Experience with OSHA record keeping.
Position Success Criteria:
Experience in both individual and team-based project planning and leadership.
Demonstrated understanding and application of safety and regulatory standards, as pertaining to environmental and safety related fields.
High level of ability to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule as necessary to meet project requirements.
Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of individuals in a multi-tasking environment.
Team oriented problem solving skills and corrective action methodology. Strong knowledge and understanding of engineering principle and practices.
Subject matter expertise on all areas of facilities and mechanical engineering disciplines.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time