Supply Chain Manager
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Working at our Titchfield site, reporting to the Plant Manager
Supply Chain Manager – Plant
Your key deliverables:
This position is responsible for Managing key Supply Chain related functions such as materials planning, scheduling and ordering activities associated with the delivery of specific customer products, direct and indirect material purchasing, and inventory control and warehousing, shipping and receiving. Manages and directs supply chain personnel in the procurement, receipt, disbursement, and inventory control of material to ensure on-time delivery of customer orders while maintaining assigned inventory levels. Is expected to train and educate direct reports on the use of supply chain management techniques, various business systems, varieties of reports and other related tools to ensure timely and economical completion of customer requirements.
· Manages current and future demand requirements with manufacturing and supplier capabilities/capacities to ensure completion of customer requirements
· Implements methods, practices and techniques to ensure the most economical movement of materials through the supply chain to achieve cost-effective logistics practices and inventory levels while meeting customer delivery requirements
· Manages plant purchasing activities for items procured on local basis in order to compliment centrally purchased items
· Analyzes data, including enterprise requirements planning information and prepares consolidated managerial reports as needed to facilitate and recommend actions to ensure plant/product line optimal supply chain execution
· Ensures correct planning parameters and transaction disciplines are utilized in order execution systems (such as MFGPro) to ensure proper order generation and inventory balances
· Manages material cost and schedule impact of proposed engineering changes in addition to taking necessary actions to ensure successful implementation and incorporation of approved engineering releases
· Ensures quality of shipping documentation to meet corporate financial and customer audit requirements
· Devises and manages physical inventory audit methodology which meets corporate, governmental and customer specifications
· Evaluates operational performance of the group in order to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
· Coordinates with central Corporate Supply Chain Function to provide data and participate in teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
· Support compliance initiatives and corporate commodity, logistics, and inventory strategies to achieve synergy across the operation
· Responsible for implementing and maintaining the plant’s SIOP process.
· Responsible for the Supplier Quality Engineering function ensuring accountability in the Supply Chain ensuring that Plant Operations is fully supported.
· Full knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
· Thorough understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, supplier selection, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
· Detailed knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
· Multiple years of related professional and supervisory/Managerial experience
· Ability to lead cross-functional process improvement teams
What Eaton offers?
· Competitive compensation and benefits package (/you can list the benefits here/)
· Contract in fast growing global company
· Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
· Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
· Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
(Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening. – if applicable)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time