This position will provide technical assistance and quality leadership to all operating departments; drive problem resolution utilizing an 8D approach along with statistical methods and other problem solving techniques; collect and analyze quality data and perform a wide variety of quality engineering activities in support of business objectives.
You will manage, coach, and develop quality associates and promote a positive quality culture throughout the facility by establishing sound systems and a demonstrated process focus.
You will plan, install, sustain and improve a total quality system in accordance with industry and Eaton quality standards, ISO 9001, and customer requirements.
You will develop and lead quality related technical training to operations to ensure that Eaton Crouse-Hinds is in compliance with established quality policies and procedures; meets or exceeds customer quality expectations and standards; ISO and other certification requirements.
You will establish systems for data collection and analysis. Then, you will use that data to drive continuous improvement activities within all manufacturing department
You will plan for, lead, and measure “voice or process” and “voice of customer” performance and quality system effectiveness. You will make adjustments in strategy and/or procedure as necessary.
You will lead proactive quality improvement through the proper execution of APQP within the facility to ensure flawless launch of new product. Also, you will manage quality deliverables associated with product and process design changes.
You will install, track, and manage supplier performance through robust incoming inspection practices and supplier performance management activities.
You will resolve internal and external quality concerns in a definite and timely fashion.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- Minimum three (3) years of Quality experience in a manufacturing environment
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing quality personnel in a factory setting
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within 50 miles of the Syracuse, NY facility will be considered.
- Detailed knowledge of ISO9000 quality system requirements
- Exposure to ATEX quality systems
- Working knowledge of AIAG standards, including APQP and PPAP.
- Expert skills in using and training quality tools (i.e. Fishbone Diagrams, 5-Whys, 8D, Gage R&R, FMEA, SPC, etc.).
- Certified Quality Auditor Credential
- Certification by the American Society for Quality as Six Sigma Black Belt or Certified Quality Engineer
- Experience with metal machining, molding and assembly processes.
Eaton is a power management company with 2015 sales of $20.9 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 97,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com. At Eaton, we see things differently. We see opportunities to innovate, go above and beyond, and we work hard because what we do reflects who we are. If you see things differently—if you’re determined, motivated and focused on improving the world around you—then it’s time to see where a career at Eaton can take you. For more information, visit www.eaton.com/careers. Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time