Eaton Corporation, the Aerospace Group has an opening for a Production Supervisor. The position is located at our Los Angeles, CA location.
The production supervisor will be responsible for the overall management of a manufacturing cell, focused factory, or work center. Overall responsibility for leading manufacturing team in achieving production schedule, product quality, product cost, and employee safety goals. Coordinates with all functional and service groups to meet customer requirements. Drives performance to achieve or exceed financial plans and strategic goals. Leverages resources to coach and motivates personnel to create high performance culture.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
You will be review production orders or schedule to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- You will reduce cost of operations by implementing Lean Manufacturing, SPC, and Continuous Improvement. Initiate Kaizen events as necessary to achieve best in class operations.
- You will prepare operational schedule and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- You will review production and operating reports to assess performance indicators and take appropriate action to resolve operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- You will develop or revise standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- You will confer with management personnel to establish production and quality control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- You will manage and direct all production activities and establish production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- You will evaluate operational performance of the group to facilitate performance management, merit promotions, job transfers, dismissals, commendations, etc.
- You will develop budgets and resource plans, and monitors performance, to achieve product delivery and cost requirements
- You will coordinate production activities with procurement, maintenance, and quality control activities to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- You will coordinate and assist with business initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across enterprise including but not limited to understanding, supporting, promoting and improving the processes that are followed in Eaton’s quality assurance initiatives and Environmental, Health, and Safety
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
Minimum five years’ experience in a factory/manufacturing aerospace industry
Minimum two years’ experience supervisory/managerial experience in a manufacturing or distribution function.
No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within 50 miles of Los Angeles, CA facility will be considered for this position.
Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Eaton will consider for employment, qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the FCIHO
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Business or other related field, or equivalent experience.
Involvement in successful process definition and re-engineering, a plus.
Experience in employee involvement in multi-discipline teaming, a plus.
- Working knowledge of Quality standards.
Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams
Knowledge of materials planning systems (MRP/ERP) requirements and order generation process logic
Understanding of Supply Chain Management operational concepts surrounding production planning, scheduling, purchasing, inventory control, logistics, stockroom operations, and shipping/receiving
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and Process Variation Reduction (Six Sigma) concepts and tool sets as they relate to materials management
Thorough Understanding of manufacturing technologies and processes as well as financial concepts and techniques utilized to establish value propositions of operational changes
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen events, and continuous improvement techniques.
Familiarity/experience with continuous improvement and Six Sigma methodology.
Good technical writing, presentation as well as good verbal and communication skills.
Proficiency with computer-based methods and tools.
- Familiarity with SPC principles and methods
Ability to work well with others in the areas of teamwork and communication.
Ability to logically solve problems and to keep projects moving in an orderly and structured fashion.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time