Millwright Rigger 3rd Shift
- You will plan, layout and perform all required operations to construct, install and repair complicated metal work.
- You will perform machine maintenance, welding and millwright duties as assigned.
- You will work from shop orders, blueprints, sketches and/or verbal information to layout, setup and operate metal working equipment such as shears, brake, rolls, drill press, power saws, welding machines, spot welders, etc. and use a regular range of hand tools to fabricate, repair and build iron work products.
- You will layout complicated designs and make all computations for metal loss or gain.
- You will assemble details by bolts, rivets, welding, brazing, soldering, etc.
- You will perform all welding operations in all positions to install or repair equipment.
- You will prepare foundations, move, place and assemble plant equipment of all types safely and with a minimum of interference to other operations.
- You will operate fork truck as required in performance of job duties.
- Minimum High School Degree (or GED) required.
- 3 years of Millwright/Metal Maintenance experience in an industrial environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- Journeyman certification
- Formal metal maintenance training certificate from an accredited institution
- Welding Certification from an accredited institution
- Must be able to read, understand and apply machine drawings, machines engineering and, standardized work, basic statistical methods, and measurement tools.
- Must be professional and effective in communicating with internal and external customers either orally and/or via technical reports or correspondence.
- Must have technical skills and proficiencies in gaging, data analysis, use of computers, writing and oral communications.
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Basic Computer Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and Eaton’s eB2.1)
- Must be adaptable to change in priorities with little or no notice.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently
- Must create/maintain a safe work environment and abide to Eaton’s Life-Saving Rules at all times.
- Must maintain a clean and well-organized work environment in accordance to the 5S process
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only