Eaton's Hydraulic Division has an opening for a:
Application Engineering Manager
Location: Pessano con Bornago (MI), Lombardia, Italy
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Eaton’s Hydraulic is the partner of choice for mobile and industrial applications that simply have to work.
The purpose of the role is to offer Applications Support to develop and maintain Key Accounts (as determined) and deploy the Strategy to “Create and Win“ selected product business at selected Major OEMs where decision making and invoicing is in the EMEA region.
The ideal candidate will be able to work closely with the Key Account Managers, Regional Sales Teams, Global Account Managers and EMEA Product Management.
Your key deliverables:
• Develop and maintain customer (OEM’s and Distributors) technical specs for Eaton Power Motion Control product portfolio and systems in the geographical area of Italy to maximize sales and drive growth. Develop and implement market strategy to expand Eaton Hydraulics presence in the above markets to drive further growth.
• Plans and implements Eaton technical assistance to customers to achieve or exceed sales forecasts, especially with identified important OEM and Distributors.
• Takes ownership for meeting customer programs
• Develops and executes tactical and strategic technology plans in support of the overall sales strategy and to meet performance expectations and requirements
• Prepares solutions presentations to create product understanding and awareness
• Plans and conducts technical seminars to update Distributors and OEM's on current and new products.
• Builds close relationships with key personnel within key customers to enhance customer satisfaction and long term business prospects
• Prepares technical proposals based on customer needs and expectations, ensuring these match Eaton’s capability and offerings
• Advises and influences customers, creating and developing opportunities for Eaton
• Provides punctual call reports, expense reports, Business Tracking reports, and monthly reports.
Administers all phases of the application and engineering process to insure effective and timely customer service and response
Monitors customer performance versus plan and takes corrective actions as needed
• Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering or comparable qualification
• Minimum of 5 to 7 years’ experience in application engineer support roles
• Excellent business understanding
• Independent and structured way of working
• Specialized technical education and experience in Pumps, Motors, Valves, Fluid Connectors, Hydraulics and Hydrostatics to apply divisional products to a variety of customer requirements in many marketing areas related to the industrial applications segment: i.e. machine tools, primary metal, marine, Oil & Gas.
• Hydraulics experience, including knowledge of hydraulic Hoses, Fittings, Pumps, Motors, Valves, Electronics, Software and mechatronics, systems design.
• Communication and team player skills to influence and motivate customers, and divisional personnel to achieve marketing goals and objectives.
• Basic understanding and implementation of applicable local standards with distributors and Original Equipment Manufacturers.
• Understanding of customers and/or distributors business, where applicable, in order to assist them in the sales, service and inventory of our products.
• Proven track record in industrial hydraulics product management.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects, relationships and leverage diversity.
• Proven service mentality.
• Professional English knowledge in speaking, reading and writing.
• Experience operating in Italian Hydraulics Market
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time