Assembler (1st Shift)
- Perform simple repetitive bench assembly of parts and components.
- May use bolts, screws, clips and other fastening devices.
- Work under close supervision and may work from models, samples, or simple diagrams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining safety and quality priorities.
- Maintain organization of area.
- Be able to read blueprints and shop drawings.
- Use SAP computer system to perform & complete duties.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems as they arise.
- Keeps work areas clean and safe.
- Supports all facility Continuous Improvement and LEAN initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Maintain 5-S (sort, set in order, shine, standardize, sustain) throughout shop floor and office areas.
- Track and sustain all visual management tools such as, but not limited to: layered audits, Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) boards, and any additional LEAN tools that are deemed necessary to provide direction, goals and status to the shop floor.
- Encourage, support, and actively participate in Kaizen improvements and events throughout the facility, department, and area of responsibility.
- Other various duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
- Require fine manipulation of hands with repetitive motion.
- Able to regularly lift 35 pounds without assistance. Occasionally lift more than 35 lbs. with assistance.
- Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure.
- High School education or equivalent (i.e., diploma or GED) is required from an accredited institution
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles from Reno, NV to be considered.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- 1+ year of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- 1+ year of experience assembling parts and components.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No