Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Our Luton site is a part of Eaton’s Crouse Hinds series portfolio manufacturing electrical products to control, operate and protect assets in harsh and hazardous environments. Our products are used in all types of locations (hazardous and general), from offshore oil and gas platforms, power production plants and petrochemical installations to pharmaceuticals, telecommunications and other manufacturing/process plants. Dedication to our customers continues to drive our development of new products to ensure we deliver the best values and solutions to meet our customers’ need, supported by a global network of sales and support centers.
We’re currently recruiting an Engineering Manager who will be responsible for the management of the New Product Development engineering team.
Your key deliverables :
- Overall resource management of all engineers working on NPD projects
- All People management functions for the team including Goals setting, Development planning and training
- Focused development of all Junior engineers ensuring we have continuous learning and development
- Fostering of a strong six sigma mindset
- Working closely with the project managers to ensure the correct staffing of all approved projects
- Assisting in the planning of all new projects and ensure we have the ability to commit the resources based on the agreed schedule for each project
- Good understanding of the ProLaunch process to ensure successful support and delivery of each project
Do you have?
- Engineering Degree( HNC/HND, BEng etc. ) in Electrical or Mechanical discipline
- Proven experience of New Product Development in a relevant industry
- Strong people management experience and ability to balance the needs of the person and the needs of the business
- Structured approach to problem solving
- Sig Sigma belt
- Experience of Hazardous area certification
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Contract in fast growing global company
- Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: EPG CHD MTL Measurement Technology Limited
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No