Division Controller - Vehicle Group North America
Eaton’s Vehicle Group North America has an opening for a Division Controller to join our Regional Finance team. This position is located in our Galesburg, MI facility.
In this role, you will manage, direct, organize, and control the financial activities of the North America division for our Light Vehicle business. This role will be responsible for protecting the assets the corporation has assigned to the division and provide division management with overall business counsel and financial guidance necessary to produce a reasonable return on those assets while ensuring proper controls are in place not only in accounting activities, but also for processes across the facilities/business segments. This role will also lead high-priority projects designed to maximize business-unit.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- Responsible for setting direction to analyze major initiatives and influence changes required for productivity improvement or growth in areas such as operational excellence and rationalization, supply chain management, marketing programs and R&D business cases
- Prepare, review, analyze and interpret all financial reports for management and also be responsible for communicating results to ensure timely and effective decision making.
- Manage the month-end close, forecasting, annual profit plan, and strategic plan processes for the division. This will also include consolidating divisional worldwide financial information for review with senior divisional and group management.
- Provide key financial advice to the Commercial, Operations, and R&D organizations on past and future operating activities and have the opportunity to Influence and drive accountability for results from functional organizations including definition, implementation and tracking of key performance metrics
- Identify innovative ways to improve processes and productivity while developing new ways to understand business issues and trends and support with appropriate analysis and coordinating effectiveness of major processes across multiple functions
- Direct the selection, training, and development of personnel to achieve the company’s high standards of performance, and assure the availability of promotable personnel
- Serve as business partner to the General Managers through advising them on all aspects of the business
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Finance or Accounting role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship
- CPA and/or CMA certification is preferred
- Previous Manager of People experience is preferred
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and concepts
- Ability to prepare, analyze and interpret financial and operations analyses/reports
- Possess working knowledge of systems technologies
- Pronouncements of external regulatory bodies, such as FASB, SEC, IRS
- Broad general product and business knowledge to adequately interpret operating results, studies, and analyses
- General knowledge of all functional areas of the Divisional and Corporate organizations
- An understanding of the tools currently available on the market which can improve efficiency in all areas of the organization. These include EBE, IT hardware and software; Total Quality Management, Finance best practices, Balance Performance Scorecard, Materials Management Techniques; Purchasing systems, manufacturing technology
- Working knowledge and understanding of major components of Oracle Financial and Manufacturing applications
- Working knowledge of sourcing and manufacturing practices followed by Operations personnel and the related myriad of software applications for the same
- Understanding of Encore, Hyperion, and Oracle database financial applications, Oracle manufacturing applications, and proprietary databases (Access) used to populate same and related linkages
- General understanding of procedures and familiarity of procedures followed by operations in preparing and vetting make vs. buy analysis
- Understanding of procedures followed by Operations personnel related to manufacturing strategies, implications of outsourcing decisions on the Group’s ability to produce products and the development of fact-based decisions to improve the Group’s profitability
- Approximated travel is 25% to visit key manufacturing sites
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This position is located in our Galesburg, MI facility
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time