Eaton’s Vehicle Group has an opening for an:
Plant Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Bosconero (TO)
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
The Manufacturing Engineer will refer directly to the Plant Manufacturing Engineering Manager, and will join our Automotive Division in Bosconero plant.
Your key deliverables :
• Conduct manufacturing runs to measure and provide a realistic process capability analysis: improves production times, production costs, production cycles and scrap levels.
• Designs and develops production process improvements together with MFG dept. to increase the efficiency and to assure quality. Review and evaluate new products, processes and equipment. Detect and analyze machines cycle time.
• Analyze the existing equipment capability and the machines to be used in order to implement plant production capacity
• Develop and implement cost reduction and process improvement projects. Offer support in cost saving projects, problem solving and continuous improvement activities, quality and error proofing improvements.
• Collaborate to process improvements and costs saving projects using Lean, Six Sigma and other continuous improvement techniques. Collaborate to the development of PFMEA’s, control plans, standardized work procedures to assure all processes are optimized.
• To participate in manufacturing process improvement, kaizen events or other lean initiatives to optimize performance and drive short and long terms business improvements
• If required, lead, coach, recognize and motivate shop floor employees to utilize Eaton tools to exceed cost, productivity, and quality and delivery target.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (e.g. Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Industrial) - 5 years degree
• Basic knowledge of current manufacturing/engineering methods and practices
• PC skills (Office package, CAD, Solid Works, QForm, Project)
• Project management skills
• Communication skills
• Fluent English
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
• Great promotional opportunities – We encourage internal promotion, whenever possible
• Excellent working environment – safety and ethic are really important for us
• Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
• Learning & Development - We invest in our employees for the long term – not just with salary and benefits, but with ongoing learning and development opportunities made available through Eaton University
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time