Global Product Compliance Manager
Eaton’s Industrial Sector has an opening for a Global Product Compliance Manager in either Cleveland, OH, Southfield or Grand Rapids, MI, Eden Prairie, MN or Irvine, CA locations.
Eaton Corporation has an opening within the Industrial Sector Engineering Center of Excellence organization for a Global Product Compliance Manager. The primary function of this role is to provide primary leadership for product stewardship and engineering trade compliance globally across Eaton’s Industrial Sector which includes the Aerospace, Hydraulics and Vehicle Groups.
- Provide hands-on leadership of cross-organizational Global Substance Governance Council - objective is to develop, deploy, and maintain strategies to mitigate the business impact of regulated hazardous substances.
- Develop, deploy, and maintain an obsolescence management strategy for regulated substances across applicable global environmental regulations.
- Represent Industrial Sector on key industry association groups (e.g., SIA, ASD, AEM, AIA, IAEG); advise Global Substance Governance Council and communicate to sector/group leadership on compliance objectives and the impact to the business.
- Direct a team of 10-15 Product Stewardship Representatives across EMEA sites to implement compliance plans in accordance with European Union REACH, and other regulations – provide on-site support and influence of senior Operations, Supply Chain, EHS, and other functional leaders.
- Partner with Contracts and Legal to ensure purchase order T&Cs are harmonized with customer and supplier portals, flow-up and flow-down supply chain obligations are communicated, understood, and agreed upon.
- Provide subject matter expertise with the engineering design and development process for product stewardship compliance (DFE) and engineering trade compliance and training other functions. Lead the development and deployment of relevant product stewardship and engineering trade compliance processes, standards and training.
- Partner and align with GTM and the product stewardship function, and provides technical expertise, to assist business units in developing and implementing processes, procedures, and systems that ensure product compliance, utilizing EBS tools with implementation and execution.
- Drive and directly influence a culture of compliance within business leadership through consistent and professional communication and actions from the product compliance function (i.e. eNewsletter, compliance alerts, collaboration with GTM, etc.).
- Maintain a strong understanding of laws and regulations related to import/export in the US and is accountable for engineering trade compliance in the US and abroad; provides technical expertise related to import/export laws and regulations, and counsels GTM on functional relevance and technical application.
- Lead and manage a team of 26 Technology Control Officers (TCOs) for all engineering trade compliance activities in accordance with the Technology Control Plan and Export Compliance Manual. This includes technical data configuration control, access, and marking, timely determination of jurisdiction and classification of products, working knowledge of trade regulations, meeting annual training requirements, acting as site authority on product classifications, for all Aerospace, Hydraulics and Vehicle products, among other requirements.
- Manage US Export Control reform initiative for the enterprise (no distinction, to date, between IS and ES) - includes jurisdiction classification updates, PLM/ERP systems consistency and control, Technology Control Plan adherence, and engineering coordination on agreements and authorization amendments.
- Direct the management of compliance and control of technical data, software and associated intangibles within Eaton’s various document management systems (ERP, PLM, SAP, Oracle, Vista, etc.).
- Serve as Eaton’s subject matter expert on all export jurisdiction and classification issues.
- Leverage subject matter expertise and cross-functional teams to develop and implement product compliance strategy for the Industrial Sector; translate into specific goals, OFIs, and focus areas, aligned with plants / operations / businesses.
- Build organizational capability and talent pipeline through the product compliance function by identifying, assessing and developing key functional competencies across Industrial Sector.
- Legally empowered as independent authority to inquire into any aspect of proposed export, temporary import, or brokering activity with any Eaton Industrial Sector entity.
- Evaluate IT compliance, advise IT function on strategic compliance enhancements, and personally sponsor related projects to mitigate non-compliance risk. Examples include: Aerospace Compliance Monitor, Enovia IP Schema, Substance Compliance Library.
- 7 years of experience in product engineering, leading global project/program teams, product stewardship and/or trade compliance.
- Subject matter expert of global environmental regulations and trade compliance regulations.
- Experience leading a global governance, risk and compliance function with specific focus on developing and implementing a global trade management strategy is preferred
- Excellent communication and influencing skills – including the leadership presence and interpersonal savvy to influence senior operating and functional leaders. Passionate change leader with high energy and the ability to work effectively across a complex, global organization.
- Possess the ability to resolve issues on all levels. Must proactively recognize and solve complex cross-functional program issues.
- Expertise in understanding technical specifications, product performance requirements, manufacturing processes, and end user expectations.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in USG voluntary disclosure process
- Experience in Project Management, Lean, Six Sigma (DFSS Black Belt).
- Must be able to work in the United States on a continual basis without requiring corporate sponsorship
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, a performance incentive bonus and complete benefits
- This person will be located in either Cleveland, OH, Southfield or Grand Rapids, MI, Eden Prairie, MN or Irvine, CA locations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Industrial Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time