- Manages and directs site in achieving EHS targets & objectives. Directs development, maintenance, and achievement of goals in support of corporate and business group EHS strategic initiatives.
- Facilitates risk assessment at the location to identify critical EHS hazards and aspects. Works with leadership team to create targets and objectives based on key EHS risks.
- Determines appropriate leading and lagging indicators to track performance against targets and objectives.
- Supports creation of EHS goals for the site manager and appropriate activity based goals for the leadership team, functional managers, and front-line supervisors to drive EHS culture, compliance, and results.
- Works to assign MESH (Management System for Environmental, Safety and security and Health) element champions and facilitate their engagement in ownership of the MESH elements.
- Drives and promotes zero incident EHS culture throughout site.
- Creates and facilitates EHS engagement through EHS teams and committees needed to accomplish the established targets and objectives for the year.
- Works with leadership team and MESH element champions to complete an annual evaluation of compliance for EHS country, state, and local regulations.
- Pursues third party recognition for programs that establish the site and Eaton’s EHS program as world class.
- Uses established EHS data processes such as MESH Suite to manage data such as injuries and illnesses, environmental metrics, risk assessments, EHS action items and other pertinent information.
- Create training matrices to ensure that all training is defined and tracked to completion
- Bachelor’s degree Bachelor’s degree from an accredited educational institution in one of the following: Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Studies, Manufacturing Engineering, Management/Business
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in EHS or Continuous Improvement or Manufacturing Engineering OR Minimum 1 year of experience with a Master’s degree
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
Master’s Degree from an accredited educational institution
Preferred certifications include: Occupational Safety and Health Technician (OSHTEC); Associate Safety Professional (ASP); Certified Safety Professional (CSP), CHMM, REM
Ability to demonstrate Effective communication skills (verbal, written)
Ability to demonstrate effective leadership and teambuilding skills
Demonstrated ability to work with little direction and effectively operate in a team-oriented environment required.
Adept at utilization of company-wide system for reporting EHS data and information
Ability to demonstrate managerial courage (e.g., managing varied interests representing potential conflicts)
Detailed comprehension of industry/state/country specific environmental, health, and safety requirements.
Ability to demonstrate knowledge of OSHA and Worker’s Compensation regulations
Ability to demonstrate knowledge of EPA and NCDEP regulations required
Ability to be a change agent and deliver all communication with clarity, impact and passion, and tailored to the audience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Environmental Health & Safety
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time