Firmware Engineer - eMobility
Our eMobility segment is currently seeking a Firmware Engineer to join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team. The Firmware Engineer will design robust firmware, firmware requirements, and firmware project deliverables in the eMobility power conversion product line. This role will be responsible for performing software test procedures to verify software functionality. Develops test automation scripts and procedures to perform lab testing and product validation. Works with cross-functional team including project managers, electrical and mechanical engineers to create high quality, robust products. This position will be located in Shenzhen China.
At Eaton, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life and the environment with power management technologies that are innovative, efficient, reliable and safe. Making power management work takes the passion and creativity of all of our employees around the world. This passion inspired the creation of the new Eaton eMobility segment, combining our deep expertise in vehicle and electric power to deliver a wide range of solutions for on- and off-road electrified vehicles, helping to reduce the environmental impact of transportation around the world.
- You will develop embedded firmware and supporting documentation according to established NPD process.
- You will develop and manage product firmware requirements, with input from customer specifications, stakeholder conversations, and product management input.
- You will direct the work of firmware development and system validation engineers in Pune, India.
- You will test and debug prototype units using standard lab equipment to verify firmware functionality and integrate with electrical/mechanical systems.
- You will work in close coordination with the project management and operations resources, deliver products on time, on budget, and to specification and certification requirements.
- As needed - troubleshoot and implement corrective action on active NPD projects.
- Minimum of 3 years of firmware design experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Experience with C and C++ language or its derivatives (C#, etc.) for microcontrollers
- Experience with communication protocols such as: UDS, I2C, SPI, RS232, J1939 CAN, etc.
- Experience using and maintaining version control systems such as SVN or GIT.
- Experience developing firmware using an RTOS.
- Firmware design experience within transportation industry applications.
- Project management knowledge and experience a plus.
- Experience with multiple processors and integrated development environments (STMicro, Atmel, TI Piccollo, Microchip, Freescale, etc.).
- Digital control loop and digital filter experience.
- Working knowledge of vehicle networked systems using SAE J1939 CAN, CAN-FD, LIN, Ethernet.
- Experience with field-upgradable FW development and deployment.
- Experience developing programs and scripts for test automation (LabVIEW, Python, BASH, PERL, etc.).
- Experience working with remote engineering and manufacturing resources.
- Experience using team collaboration tools (Jazz, Jira, etc).
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No