Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Human Resources Supervisor to join our team. This position is based at our Van Wert, Ohio facility.
Provide HR support, direction, and guidance across all aspects of the HR function. This typically is inclusive of multiple managers, including one operational leader and one to two functional leaders. Provide coaching, guidance and leadership to two direct reports on the HR team.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will administer employee relation’s policies and procedures that are responsive to the needs of employees and customers; as well as compliment the Eaton Values and Philosophy statements.
- You will provide coaching for all assigned managers and supervisors in the areas of human resources including guidance on motivating, counseling, and developing direct and indirect reports, as well as employee performance management.
- You will serve as a technical resource to all employees relative to human resource sub fields including training and development, talent acquisition, staffing and selection, OD, employee relations, compensation, and performance management.
- You will inform and train employees and managers regarding corporate policies and procedures, including local guidelines and practice.
- You will coordinate the recruitment, selection and promotion process of candidates to fill all vacancies. Drive a mindset and focus on talent management and acquisition across the facility.
- You will coordinate assigned training and development activities to insure availability of qualified and skilled employees.
- You will drive employee communication efforts to insure positive effects on employee engagement, and enhance communication within the workplace.
- You will administer compensation, benefit, and performance management processes to maximize employee effectiveness.
- You will lead plant and functional projects and/or initiatives, including APEX, E-Star, OCA, Employee Survey, and Merit Planning initiatives.
- You will monitor coaching, counseling and termination procedures to assure fair and equitable treatment for all employees.
- You will provide leadership, coaching and guidance to direct reports, ensuring that they understand goals and expectations of the organization, and demonstrate active interest and investment in their careers.
- You will represent the Van Wert, OH facility in community activities. Administer local charitable contributions, including United Way. Conduct, coordinate and monitor employee meetings and involvement programs
- You will represent the Company’s programs, policies, and procedures in matters involving EEOC, AAP, and OFCCP.
- You will develop, implement and monitor compliance with affirmative action policies that meet federal and state legislation as well as Corporate policy.
- You will monitor all programs to insure compliance with all local, state and federal labor laws, including Title VII, FLSA, FMLA, ADA, ADAAA, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, FCRA, and WARN as applicable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college
- Minimum of 2 years HR experience or 10 years of operations experience.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship.
- Specialized knowledge of the interpretation of laws, regulations and standards, and enforcement agencies for equal employment opportunities, safety, wage and hour, unemployment, workers’ compensation and labor law.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Master's Degree in Human Resources
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time