Sr. Human Resources Generalist
- You will coordinate the recruitment process for open factory hourly positions and assistance in the selection and promotion process of the factory hourly workforce.
- You will support day to day employee relations issues. Coach and counsel employees, front line leaders on employee relations matters. Maintain a consistent process for dispute resolution between employees and/or management.
- You will foster a collaborative Union/Management relationship and administer the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA). Support Auburn facility training initiatives in alignment with CBA. Promote a positive employee relations atmosphere and helps close grievances.
- You will ensure plant compliance with governmental regulations pertaining to Affirmative Action, Americans with Disabilities Act and Family Medical Leave Act
- You will support efforts to accomplish the overall goals and objectives of Human Resources Department
- You will coordinate and manage employee orientation program for new employees and employees transferring into facility.
- You will facilitate hourly performance evaluation process - APEX for Manufacturing
- You will maintain and assist in executing affirmative action and EEO plans to meet federal, state and corporate guidelines.
- You will oversee Workers Compensation and leave programs; with assistance from HR Manager
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution required
- At least 2 years of human resources generalist experience with at least one year in a manufacturing environment
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master’s degree in Human Resources, labor Relations or Business Administration
- At least 5 years of human resources generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
- Prior work experience in a union environment
- Strong ethics, values, and the ability to influence and impact others’ decision making
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills
- Experience with positive employee relations and programs
- Knowledge of HR compliance and legal issues
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Analytical skills
- Coaching/Facilitation/Conflict Management skills
- Ability to understand, interpret and easily communicate and align policies and practices to the Eaton Philosophy & Values and Code of Ethics
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time