Customer Experience Representative - Applications Support
Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a Customer Experience Representative- Applications Support to join our team. This position is based at our Galesburg, Michigan location.
The primary function of the customer experience representative (CER) – application support specialist will be to provide technical and sales support for Eaton computer/web based diagnostic applications (ServiceRanger, IntelliConnect, My,Eaton.com. etc…). This individual will provide industry leading customer support via phone and electronic communication for customers that utilize Roadranger products and services. Responsibilities include PC support, application installation, software troubleshooting, resolving vehicle connection issues, web site assistance, registering new accounts, and participating with programs, promotions, and sales initiatives. Moreover, the customer experience representative will help identify emerging trends that affect the customers experience with our products and services. He or she will use data analytics and voice of customer to drive application reliability improvements, enhance ease of use, and implement efficiency initiatives. Additionally, the CER will develop/conduct training, and implementing ideas that focus on first call resolution and self-serve (call deflection) opportunities.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will improve the customers experience with Eaton products by providing industry leading telephone-based customer support.
- You will provide tier I and tier II (escalated issues) customer support
- You will have a strong understanding of PC support and troubleshooting including windows operating systems, hardware and driver interactions, registry edits, Microsoft .NET Framework, software installation/removal procedures, and database management
- You will have a strong understanding of PC and peripheral hardware/software interactions (communication interfaces/adapters)
- You will provide technical input to engineering design reviews and continuous improvement teams
- You will accurately identify & resolve customer concerns and document contacts in appropriate systems
- You will analyze call trends & implement efficiency programs that provide self-serve/call deflection opportunities
- You will develop and execute effective support strategies for the defined product life by aggressively driving product improvements and effective field strategies
- You will submit Observation Reports (ORs) for service tool issues
- You will assist with employee on boarding and training as needed.
- You will provide necessary content for development of service support materials such as Service Manuals, Troubleshooting Guides, and Training Programs for both NAFTA and Global applications.
- You will embrace continuous improvement and efficiency activities that lead to positive impacts to the business
- You will assist with building a cross-functional &flexible support organization to meet future support needs
- You will represent the Customer Experience Center in cross-functional teams and project/as needed.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience in a PC/Software application troubleshooting and support role
- Minimum of 2 years customer service experience
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Candidates must reside within a 50 mile radius of Galesburg, MI.
- 10 years industry experience in PC/Software application troubleshooting and support role
- 5 years customer service experience
- Industry certifications such as CompTIA A Plus (A+), Network+, Microsoft MCTS, MCITP, Apple ACSP or equivalent
- Experience with dealership/repair facility operations
- Experience with electronic troubleshooting and electronic troubleshooting tools
- Experience using remote IT Support access software
- Experience with Roadranger products or comparable products
- Willingness to travel/relocate
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Familiarity with dealership/repair facility operations
- Familiarity with electronic troubleshooting and electronic troubleshooting tools
- Familiarity with Roadranger products or comparable products
- Ability to work well in a team environment
Position Success Criteria :
- Competent in teaching and in-depth troubleshooting of PC/software applications
- Demonstrated ability to convey complex problems in an easy to understand manner through telephone-based methods
- Competent in developing and delivering technical and troubleshooting curriculum to a wide audience
- Capable of interacting professionally with customers, even in challenging situations.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Proficient computer skills, including but not limited to MS office applications.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and organizational skills required
- Ability to negotiate
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work flexible hours and possible weekends
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time