Senior Engineer FW Development
Lead Project, process, and overall technical execution on Controls & Automation Product development.
Collaborate with global product engineering team and perform metering product development activities during project execution.
Involved in technical reviews including architectural and detailed design reviews
Train, develop and motivate colleagues on technical aspects demonstrating ‘Right to Left’ thinking (starting with consideration for end user).
Engages in development, design and testing of smart HMI/ PLC product using programming languages like Assembly, C & C++, Win CE, JAVA, HTML5 on embedded systems platforms.
Handle build management, change management, and configuration management tools like JIRA/bamboo/TFS/VS/GIT/Stash/Clear Case/Clear Quest/DOORS etc.
Suggest and develop re-usable components and looks for continuous improvement opportunities in industrial control & protection products. Share knowledge within the team and demonstrates flexibility working in parallel on multiple assignments/product categories.
Strong problem solving and embedded product development skills.
Physical (Memory, processor utilization) resource budgeting experience.
Develops an understanding of both technology and product concepts and is able to articulate product and software design. Ensures quality of delivery in accordance with the plan adhering to the standard practices used in agile/waterfall model.
Participate in solution and code reviews with team members for modules/tasks and ensuring that best practices and efficient coding standards are adhered to.
Responsible for supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting of the HMI/ PLS/ Switchgears/ Relays products.
Ensures compliance with CMMI ML3 process and agile ceremonies/work products, Management standards and guidelines.
- Bachelors in Computer science / Electronics/ E&TC/ Instrumentation engineering with 8+ years of experience in embedded software development for Controls & automation products.
- Experience in leading embedded software development with Designing and validation. Proficient programming knowledge of Assembly, C and C++ on embedded systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of software development with 16 Bit / 32 Bit microcontrollers. Good problem solving and embedded software debugging skills.
- Experience of industrial communication protocols Fieldbus, BACNet, Modbus,TCP/IP, http, Modbus –TCP, DNP, BACNetIP, websockets etc. Hands on in developing quality software applications.
- Understanding and Prior working experience of Operating system/RTOS concept, multithreading and IPC concepts, sound knowledge and experience of developing Linux shell scripting, Makefiles and application programming.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly with respect to written and oral communication, including the ability to explain technical concepts.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time