NC Machine Operator (3rd Shift)
- You will perform a wide range of machining operations on two or more Numerically Controlled Lathes, Chuckers or Turning Centers, some of which may be equipped with automatic, robotic or manual load/unload systems and/or related secondary auto/manual equipment.
- You will operate Six Spindle Automatic Bar Machines.
- You will assist in the setting up of the equipment as directed. Work with operation sheets, tapes and blueprints as required.
- You will be required to change tooling, load automatic tool changes and maintain quality standards by checking parts with adjustable or fixed gauges.
- You will perform various internal operations related to producing a finished product. As required, assemble, pack and label various products.
- You will work from standard work and maintain visual controls and aids (charts, schedules, etc.) and accurate records as directed. Move material to and from work stations.
- You will perform Total Productive Maintenance (TPM) activities such as minor maintenance that includes cleaning, inspection, minor lubrication and tightening loose bolts.
- Must have a High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Must have a minimum of six (6) months of CNC equipment operation experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate geographic area of Syracuse, NY (50 miles) will be considered for this position
- One year CNC machinist experience working with both manual and CNC machines
- Experience working with blueprints, schematics, and related drawings
- Familiar with machine shop math
- Moderate physical effort equivalent to continuous light, frequent average, occasional heavy manual effort applied in various ways in performance of job duties.
- Application of some specialized knowledge and experience the use of judgment to plan and perform a sequence of operations or procedures within the limits of standard or recognized methods and established precedent.
- The ability to use shop mathematics together with the use of blueprints, charts, tables, specifications, and a variety of precision making instruments such as micrometers, gauges and the like requiring interpretation in their various application
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CHD EP Americas
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No