Test Services Engineering Manager
- You will build and sustain a highly engaged and high performing Test Engineering team aligned to achieve the following strategic initiatives: improved efficiency, equipment utilization, data acquisition, safety systems, and overall lab capability.
- You will provide guidance and support to peer test lab supervisors and associated personnel in order to solve software, mechanical, electrical and other equipment related problems.
- You will participates in product design sessions with engineering, promotes collaborative environment with direct team, peers, and product design engineering.
- You will interface with key stakeholders in program management and engineering to ensure the completion of projects on time and according to the budget.
- You will proactively implement, promote, and maintain a safe working environment, through diligence in accident prevention, investigation, equipment maintenance, and Zero Incident culture enforcement.
- You will conduct regular performance evaluations and provides feedback to direct reports. Continually assesses career goals and create appropriate development plans for team members.
- You will manage capital project portfolio for product lines for on-site test development activities with a variable budget up to approximately $2M annually.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in an engineering or technical based role
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer Science, or Software Engineering from an accredited institution
- Masters’ of Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution
- Minimum of two (2) years’ of experience managing people in a technical environment
- Experience working in the automotive industry specific to testing methods
- Knowledge of CANape, iTest, or Labview software could aid in understanding the team capabilities but is not required
- Proficiency with standard Microsoft Office tools (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Ability to demonstrate customer centric mindset
- Ability to effectively collaborate among varying levels of an organization
- Ability to drive key metrics in a team setting
- Ability to support team engagement
- Ability to demonstrate test lab capability and strategy development
- Ability to manage capital and expense budget performance
- Ability to lead on time design and delivery of laboratory test equipment
- Ability to assess staffing needs in accordance with demanded and actual team work load
- Ability to monitor internal and industry testing trends and modifies strategic initiatives accordingly
- Ability to lead effective team meetings built on the foundation of transparency, trust, learning, constructive conflict, and inclusive problem solving
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time