- Manage the Quality Assurance strategy of the organization to facilitate continuous production of products consistent with established industry standards, government regulations and customer requirements.
- Ensure a strong and committed culture of quality throughout the organization.
- Develops and implement a Quality organizational structure (utilizing the OCA) capable of supporting the strategic initiatives of the region and lead the efforts to integrate quality needs into the development of short and long range strategic business plans for the operation.
- Provides Quality interface and expertise between the operation and its customers to proactively identify or anticipate their needs and expectations and ensure they are understood and satisfied. This includes the complaint management system and the corrective / preventive action process related to customer issues – with feedback to the region – and the coordination of customer visits and audits.
- Develops the plant quality training plan and leverages EBS (Eaton Business System) resources for execution of training plans. Provides for training on related Quality Tools, Systems, and Processes such as <e.g. Root Cause Analysis, FMEA, Control Plans, EQS, Lean, DOE, Six Sigma and ISO>.
- Drives the principles of a performance-based organization. Analyzes quality performance, sets the plant goals for all quality metrics, and cascades goal setting through APEX to individual goals and development plans. Ensures alignment with the parent-organization defined strategy. Performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and establishes action plans to close gaps.
- Partners with the Supply Chain Management organization relative to the Supplier Quality Assurance activities of the operation as well as provide Quality interface, expertise and support to the organization’s suppliers and partners. This includes the feedback of supplier performance to suppliers and the division.
- Provides expertise in Quality Assurance and process improvement tools and methods to support the continuous improvement activities to insure compliance with the policies of the Eaton Quality Management System and ISO 9001.
- Participates as an extended member of the leadership team, all of whom are responsible for the advancement of the quality goals and objectives of the organization to insure the quality and effectiveness of the product and processes utilized in the plant. The end goal is complete customer satisfaction with product quality, delivery and responsiveness to issues with the objective of being proactive and preemptive.
- Supports the internal Quality System Audit program for the organization and lead the corrective action system in the plant in conjunction with the management review process.
- Drives the deployment of the Eaton Quality Management System process for plant including identification of improvement actions that result from the EQMS assessment process.
- Gathers and analyzes key organizational quality metrics related to the Balanced Scorecard (internal and external) and perform periodical reviews to evaluate trends and results and establish action plans to provide the necessary improvement at an operational level.
- Develops and analyzes statistical data and product / process specifications to determine present standards and establish proposed quality and reliability requirements for the finished product.
- Participates on the Material Review Board (MRB) as well as authority for Material Review Request (MRR).
- Ensures pro-active functional participation in PROLaunch activities. (e.g. identification of customer requirements, manufacturing and test support, reliability analysis, design reviews, evaluation of test programs, material testing) Ensures Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) or First Article Inspection (FAI) requirements and processes are performed in accordance with internal and external requirements.
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or metallurgical.
Minimum 5 years of experience in Quality or Engineering Processes in manufacturing industries.
Minimum 2 years leading people and developing quality strategic projects.
Knowledgeable on problem solving methodologies and Quality Core Tools
Knowledge of Statistical Minitab software.
ISO 9001 Quality Standards, implemented or audited, participation on process documented
Experience with the practical application of Quality tools, Six Sigma, and Lean Manufacturing methodologies.
Proven managing quality initiatives that have resulted in improved productivity and reducing cost of non-conformance in a manufacturing setting.
Experience using proven tools, techniques, and methodologies to inspect products, measure process performance, perform product verification and validation testing
ASQ Certified Quality Manager (CQM), ASQ Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and/or ASQ Certified Quality Engineer (CQE).
Blackbelt or Greenbelt certification preferred
Bilingual: English/SpanishPosition Success Criteria :
This position requires tenacity in leadership, communication, training, facilitation and interpersonal skills well developed to effectively perform its essential functions.
This position requires up to 10-15% of travel domestically and internationally.
This position requires well-developed computer skills to perform essential functions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time