Customer Service Representative
- You will communicate directly with customers and outside sale representatives via phone and email to represent the company and obtain orders.
You will support and advise customers of availability, price, and terms in line with standard parameters, while exercising limited authority in pricing to meet competitive pressures.
You will coordinate with other departments to quote lead times and delivery dates for product which is not in stock.
- You will accurately processes all customer requests including orders (received via phone, fax, or electronically from Manufacturers reps, distributors, OEM’s & internal sales personnel), Return Material Authorizations and credit requests in the appropriate database.
- You will follow up as necessary with other departments (eg. Operations, Purchasing, Shipping & Finance) to ensure delivery dates are met, and proactively communicate delayed shipments to customers.
- You will resolve problems with shipments/invoicing, issues return goods authorizations, and enters replacement orders as necessary and raises the appropriate quality notifications to ensure root cause of issues are addressed.
- You will collaborate with B-Line production, engineering, and accounting departments for the processing of credits, warehouse releases, and returned materials authorization.
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience in a customer facing role
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Eden Prairie, MN, will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and web based information and documentation systems
- Experience with ERP systems in a customer support or sales setting
- Experience with training and/or creating, developing, and leading webinars for both internal and external audiences
- Experience working in filtration, hydraulics, and/or manufacturing industries
- Ability to speak German is a plus
Ability to demonstrate good mechanical aptitude to understand product applications at end user level
Ability to maintain a positive attitude under stress
Ability to display strong interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to effectively interact with customers, subordinates, and other members of management via the phone, e-mail, and other written and verbal communication mediums.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time