Engineering Manager- Industrial Valves
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Eden Prairie, MN facility.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for leading the Global Industrial Valve Product engineering team. Manages, directs, and coordinates Engineering activities across all Industrial Valve groups including local and Global resources in the USA, Europe, and Asia. Ensure the team is working on the right projects and that projects are appropriately allocated. Products include Directional Valves, Proportional Valves, Servo Valves, Gasket & Subplate-mounted valves, Stack, and other Classics.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will lead the Global Industrial Valve Engineering team including direct-reports and other Global resources.
- You will supervise local & remote Industrial Valve Engineering Teams
- You will supervise the Engineering test-lab and technicians. Drive test-lab improvements and upgrades in alignment with the Global Test Lab strategy.
- You will coordinate with local and Global engineering resources to prioritize projects and other engineering work
- You will train, develop and motivate subordinates to achieve professional goals and review accomplishments through APEX.
- You will ensure PGT (Product Growth Team) coverage by assigning direct and functional reports as needed to appropriate initiatives.
- You will be responsible for projects including PROLaunch, Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, Project Reviews, Project Management, Portfolio Management, DFSS, DFR, DFMA, etc.
- You will develop Global Industrial Valve strategy in coordination with Global Product Manager and other Subject-Matter-Experts. Co-responsible for strategy development, deployment and execution, including making priority decisions.
- You will manage group budget including forecast and results
- You will promote the generation of new Intellectual Property; maintain and defend existing Intellectual Property. Limit Eaton’s exposure to Product Liability by ensuring sound Engineering practices.
- You will promote and deploy engineering function continuous improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from accredited institution
- Minimum 3 years of experience in leading complex product development and product line support projects
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is being offered for this position. Only candidates residing within a 50 mile radius of the Eden Prairie, MN facility will be considered.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Controls Engineering
- MS, MBA, or Engineering Management degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in Hydraulics industry
- 2 years’ experience working with Globally disperse resources
- Working knowledge of Engineering Best Practices
- Demonstrated ability to effectively supervise people and motivate subordinates while maintaining organizational harmony and meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Must be able to work with limited supervision and high internal motivation. High impact, results-driven candidate required.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be an energetic technical leader with strong business mind. Will need to be capable of effectively setting and managing work direction of functional reports across various global locations.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD PMC Power Motion Control
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time