Assembler I - 2nd shift
Eaton Corporation Aerospace Group is currently seeking an Assembler I to join our team. This position is in our Irvine, CA facility
The Assembler I will be responsible for Assembly of sub-assemblies and top level assemblies of fuel components while working from verbal instructions, blueprints, operation sketches and assembly drawings. Position will work closely with other Assembly Technicians and assist Manufacturing Engineering when needed to support the development work instructions, tools and fixtures. Secondary function is; Part Marking Clerk will be responsible for marking parts with serial numbers and specific data / information in accordance with drawings, specs and customer requirements. Using equipment such as inkjet printers, rubber stamps, laser machine and applied conformal coding’s as required per drawings
- Assemble fuel components per drawing requirements
- May disassemble and assemble product that is returned for repair
- Utilize hand tools such as pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers, arbor press, vises, soldering iron, micrometers, calipers and indicators
- Use routing sheets, operating instruction sheets or other documentation to ensure proper assembly of parts. Perform visual inspection of units during the assembly process and at completion of assembled units.
- Ensure activities are performed correctly and proper tooling and documentation is used
- Determine tooling and special gauging required to complete work
- May perform verification as an operator/inspector for others in the department
- Comply with all safety requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals. Keep assigned work-area clean, organized, and orderly per 5S standards.
Assigns and stamps identification data, such as part and serial numbers, to components and subassemblies.
Assures that pertinent identification information is in accordance with latest drawings and customer requirements
Identifies parts per internal procedures and customer flow down requirements. Use of inkjet printers and laser marking machines.
- Perform Lean Initiatives including Continuous Improvement
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 1 year previous work experience in a manufacturing environment
- This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All accepted applications must be U.S. Persons as defined by ITAR (U.S. citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident, Political Asylee, or Refugee).
- No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Irvine, CA in order to be considered.
- Communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Ability to work from written instructions such as blueprints or other work instructions
- Ability to solder, experience working in manufacturing
- Ability to interact and participate in a team driven culture
- Team player and able to multi-task
- Assembly using basic handheld and power tools
- Able to read, write and speak fluent English
- Previous work experience in the Aerospace industry
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time