Final Assembly Supervisor
- You will promote a Zero Incident Safety Culture (ZISC) enforcing safety standards that include housekeeping objectives, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards and buddy checks, and addressing unsafe conditions
- You will ensure hourly workforce meets production, quality, customer service, and attendance standards.
- You will create written reports and documentation or uses PC's/CRT to retrieve and input various data including but not limited to, mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics, production information and schedules, attendance, payroll, inventory transactions, scrap reporting etc.
- You will assist in determining staffing levels to meet production schedules within area of responsibility.
- You will champion Continuous Improvement efforts throughout the facility
- You will serve as a central point of contact for management in regards to production issues in one’s functional area.
- You will lead in the coaching, counseling, and disciplinary activities surrounding one’s employees while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies.
- You will ensure that employees know the importance of quality and enforce follow through. Work with quality control team to resolve issues and regularly review quality trends in the market.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution is required
- Minimum three years of experience supporting Manufacturing, Operations or Technical processes is required
- Minimum two years of leadership experience managing people or project teams is required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Vicksburg, MS will be considered
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Three years of leadership experience
- SAP knowledge
- Lean manufacturing / Operational Excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
- Demonstrated effective communication and leadership skills
- Inventory Control and Process focused
- Problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated, champion of change, visionary
- Life-long learner; promotes a learning culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time