Field Service Electronics Engineer
- You will analyze test data and recognize deviation from acceptable values
- You will manage company assets, control personal inventory, and upload all field activity reports
- You will complete all assigned tasks in a timely manner
- You will takes ownership of an assigned task and see it through to a successful completion
- You will meet annual goals set forth by Management (utilizations, work completions, etc.)
- You will provide ongoing customer interaction and meet customer service requirements
- You will perform other duties as required
- Minimum of 3 years of power systems, battery technologies, and electronic experience.
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited Institution
- Valid and unrestricted State Driver's license
- Must have ability and willingness undergo and pass customer entrance requirements, which may include, but is not limited to, periodic background checks and drug screenings.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate Herndon, VA geographic area will be considered
- Associate’s Degree in a technical field from an accredited school and/or equivalent experience in a technical field.
- Frequent travel to customer sites is required, with up to 75% of drive-time expected.
- Ability to read schematics drawings and company technical publications
- Ability to read electrical drawings and knowledge of troubleshooting, test and repair techniques
- Ability to work with other CSEs and take directions from the lead CSE on site
- Incumbent may be required to perform the following tasks, but not limited to, frequent, occasional, or seldom: repetitive lifting/carrying; pushing/pulling; standing; climbing; squatting; bending; kneeling; or driving extended distances.
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs.
- Good understanding of single phase and three-phase circuit theory; analog and digital electronic circuit theory; and microprocessor controls and programming
- Understand how to use Oscilloscope
- Understand how to perform phase rotation and phase alignment checks
- Basic understanding of network functionality and sealed and wet celled battery theory and application.
- Understand the proper use of hand-tools, and when it is appropriate to use insulated tools
- Understand need for safety, and comply with company and customer rules on safety
- Must demonstrate proficiency on products and field processes before being dispatched to the field
- Must provide high quality of service
- Self-starter and motivator.
- PC Proficiency including knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Office, and Outlook
- Proven/Strong written and oral communication skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PQD FSCS Field Service Customer Support
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time