Product Manager – Fluid Conveyance
Product Manager – Fluid Conveyance
Product Management responsibility for the fluid conveyance portfolio of product lines focused on growth in the EMEA region in support of multiple market segments. The Product Manager will work closely with functional leaders to implement growth strategies to drive product profitability, volume, mix, and market share improvement.
The FACT portfolio includes Fuel, AC and Transportation products..
This role has primary responsibilities for strategic lifecycle management, product awareness, communication of product capabilities, product management, information availability and reliability, and product promotion development with regard to products sold in the aforesaid region.
The role also has responsibility for leading the commercialization activities for New Product Initiatives and Win/Win products and establish growth in the aforementioned region.
- Focuses on the complete product line ownership of the FACT category portfolio. This includes having a product master plan for the FACT category alive and used as a driven tool
- Analyzes market & customer needs
- Acquires & retains comprehensive knowledge of competitive positioning and competitor strategies
- Develops targeted value propositions while monitoring and addressing product life cycles.
- Monitors product profitability for assigned product line and drive changes to eliminate low margin items
- Takes responsibility for leading the commercialization efforts associated with new product development activities
- Interfaces with the Eaton Sales Team, Distributors, Markets Team, and OEM Customers to promote and support the sale of responsible product portfolio
- Provides product portfolio reporting to the FACT Category core team reviews. This includes market and competitor updates, sales & margin updates as well as being prepared to address product line specific issues
- Takes the lead for assigned products within the EMEA region and implements product strategies
- Provides strategic price leadership for the assigned product portfolio
- Supports marketing communication on the organization of fairs and other marketing tools
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or comparable qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of practical and technical experience in fluid power / fluid conveyance business or in the hydraulic sector
- Fluent German and English language knowledge. Additional skills in any other European language are welcome
- Team player and professional interface with others
- Gets results through collaboration
- Professional presence and interpersonal effectiveness
- Business acumen and vision
- Strong sales/marketing experience and technical experience
- Experience with or aptitude to understand financial analysis and accounting principles
- Good understanding of market and competitive dynamics
- Analytical and Strategic thinking
- Strategic and tactical pricing
- Understanding of markets, distribution channels, OEM requirements, and brand strengths in dealing with positioning strategies
- Managerial skills relating to the ability to lead cross-functional teams and interpersonal skills to motivate individuals/teams
- Master of Business Administration or working towards the MBA degree
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Culture & Values - Eaton is more than the products we invent and produce – the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are – both individually and as an organization – and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
Eaton is a power management company with 2017 sales of $20.4 billion. Eaton provides energy-efficient solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power more efficiently, safely and sustainably. Eaton has approximately 96,000 employees and sells products to customers in more than 175 countries. For more information, visit www.eaton.com
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time