Eaton’s Electrical division is currently seeking a Materials Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Beaver, PA location.
Supervise and manage a team of Senior Buyer(s) and Material Analysts, the Manager will ensure the Supply Chain Team has the information and materials available to provide the highest customer service possible to our internal customers; recognizing the need to collaborate with other departments to gather information to use to make decisions that balance the costs of inventory and freight. This person will be a Manager of people including the Buyers, Material Analyst, and Shipping/Receiving responsibilities.
Materials Manager is functionally responsible for ensuring Team Metrics are attained regarding supplier performance.
Ensure effective material planning and procurement of components is performed using tools available to fullest capacity.
Responsible for supplier selection and management, in support of plant goals and production requirements; will work in alignment with Corporate and Divisional representatives to ensure commodities are managed in compliance Eaton’s initiatives.
- Drive Supply Chain improvements internally through BOC of supply chain team and externally via Supplier improvement programs( target setting using Focus 5 )
- Supervise purchased part raw material inventory levels: i.e. / control guidelines for stocking levels, safety stock and receipt of materials in support of manufacturing.
- Develop objectives and assist Buyers and Analysts in delivering to meet plant goals
- Monitor purchased part inventory transactions, to seek improvement
- Obtain information from SIOP for material planning and forecasting purposes, Maintain inventory levels & dollars within established objectives; including E&O for purchased RM
- Evaluate effectiveness of existing procedures and/or activities performed within the Purchasing functions to recommend areas of improvement.
- In alignment with SCOEQ Create commodity plans: negotiate win-win with suppliers on pricing; payment terms delivery terms, stocking programs, etc.
- Supplier analysis, evaluate competitive offering, cost benefit analysis
- Proficient in ERP procurement- planning system, supplemented by Lean methodology.
- Analyze MRP reports for execution; Maintain planning parameters in Oracle
- Timely resolution of MarkView invoices, receipt discrepancies, etc to minimize AP HOLD
- Adheres to standard processes for the department as established by site leadership and/or divisional strategies
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
- 7 years’ experience managing in a supply chain organization within a manufacturing environment.
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area (50 miles) of Beaver, PA will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis without company sponsorship
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Masters degree a plus.
- MBA Preferred with C.P.M. /CPSM or CPIM /CSCP certification (APICS/ISM).
- Must have experience managing other salaried professional employees.
- Should have experience using ERP systems and sourcing for a manufacturing site; experience in supply management, procurement, planning and scheduling, or the supervision of those functions.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is a plus.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG CPD PCD Power Components Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time