EIIC has opening for Senior Engineer – Software Development and Verification for aerospace controllers (LRU) conforming to required standards and to customer specific requirements for hydraulic systems, fuel systems, actuation systems and motion control applications. The primary responsibility of this role is to perform the Verification and Validation of RTCA DO178X, DO254 based airborne software and Firmware.
Contribute to the Software/Firmware verification efforts by contributing to the architecture, design, and implementation of world class, high-performance, airborne software applications.
Evaluate business requirements to determine potential solutions.
Work directly with stakeholders, engineering, and test to create high quality products that solve customer problems.
Propose and provide innovative, competitive technical solutions which can make significant business impact and provide value to stakeholders.
Provide work estimates and conduct design, implementation, and code reviews, and requirement reviews
Develop and execute plans for incremental project milestones.
Work with Development team to ensure adequate and appropriate requirement coverage; investigate and create the change requests as appropriate.
Interview and provide technical assessments of potential engineer hires.
Mentor team members, assisting them in technical and process areas.
Perform other duties as assigned
• Required: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering/Electronics
• Desired: Master’s degree in Computer Science & Engineering/Electronics
• 6+ years embedded software Design & Development, Verification on 8/16/32 bit microcontrollers/DSP based hardware systems.
• Hands on experience of Embedded C, C++ and Experience in an Embedded Systems design, development
• Experience in Software verification (Requirements, Design, Code reviews) and validation (Unit, Integration, System testing). At least 2-3 projects with full software life cycle.
• Experience with some Communication protocols – Serial RS232, SPI, I2C, CAN, Aerospace – Arinc429, Arinc825, CAN tools
• Experience in handling Independent SOI audits with end Customer or with DERs
• Independently develop modules/drivers including debugging and testing
• Hands on experience with Debuggers, Emulators or simulators.
• Technical documentation and Requirement management Knowledge and awareness of software life-cycle process (e.g. CMMI) and configuration management
• Strong knowledge of embedded software development process (preferably DO-178B)
• Experience in White box, Black box, Integration Testing – Writing and executing test cases
• Knowledge of software design methods
• Use of a problem reporting tool
• Experience with hardware / software integration
• Contribute to Technical reviews, guide and mentor junior engineers
• Excellent communications skills and Excellent problem solving skills
• A high degree of aptitude, creativity, and self-direction is required
• Ability to work with others
• Good knowledge of software development with 16 Bit/ 32 Bit microcontrollers/DSPs.
• Knowledge of Model based development using Matlab, Simulink
• Familiarity with configuration/change management processes
• Experience with real time operating systems (RTOS).
• Experience with DOORS
• Exposure to Aerospace products and related
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time