Lead planning, execution and management of complex software development projects for automated transmission control ECU’s through all stages of the product life-cycle, ranging from software specification through software design and validation. Act as lead contact collaborating with and supporting internal and external customers, engineers and other stakeholders and mentor other engineering resources.
- Lead, manage and plan projects including new product software and existing product redesign by working with a global team.
- Architect and design new software solutions from beginning to end at all life cycle stages.
- Evaluate, learn and apply the latest software technologies and practices to create value efficiently and effectively.
- Develop, Review and approve design proposals based on requirements/statement of work and present to stakeholders/customers.
- Review and authorize design, software deliverables, test plans, procedures and test reports per compliance terms agreed with customers and internal stakeholders
- Continuously develop and enhance the technical capabilities of the teams to provide best in class software solutions in line with present and future business needs. Provide timely status and reports to stakeholders.
- Promote Design for Six sigma and CMMI culture in team to enhance reliability and develop robust software.
- Responsible for periodic releases of software for Automated transmissions with OTD target of 90%
- Demonstrate one PoC, in line with driving innovation culture in EIIC labs.
- Demonstrate application of DFSS methodologies in at least 3 phases of software development by mentoring new team members.
- Demonstrate strict compliance to CMMI processes by maintaining PHA scores above 75%
- Have innovation focus and strive for at least 1 invention disclosure/Patent
EXPERIENCE: 10-12 Years
EDUCATION: Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electronics / Electronics and Communication Engineering with relevant embedded software development experience
- Extensive years of experience in C/C++
- Strong knowledge of Embedded Systems
- Understanding of SDLC
- Advanced knowledge of RTOS/Embedded OS principles
- Strong written, oral communication and interpersonal skills – experience working in International teams is highly recommended
- Understanding of DFSS tools like FMEA, FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis etc.
- Expert in tools like CANape, CANalyzer, ClearCase, ClearQuest tools
Preferred/Additional Specialized Knowledge (not required to be qualified for position):
- Ph.D. degree in electrical, controls, software or relevant engineering field
- Experience in embedded software development (C++, Model-based software, Simulink)
- Expertise with Controller Area Networks (e.g. SAE-J1939, CANOpen)
- The ideal candidate would have experience in, or knowledge of automotive / Vehicle domain.
- Project management skills to assess task effort, manage priorities, and report status.
- Experience with change management and software release processes in a team environment
- Experience working with HILS environment like dSPACE, ETAS.
- Analytical Modeling of dynamical systems.
- Object Oriented Software Design Methodology
- Scripting languages
- Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend solutions
- Troubleshooting Electronic Control Units (ECU)
- Using Debugging tools such as Lauterbach or other In-circuit Emulators (ICE)
- Knowledge of Requirement management tools preferably DOORS.
- Knowledge of Reliability for Embedded system Design.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID: 060803