- You will oversee day-to-day operations as related to MFG engineering test and product engineering. Provide technical leadership to ensure a quality and cost-effective product, produced on time following the customer's specifications.
- You will authorize & approve all test procedures, PFMEA's, method sheets and work instructions to ensure processes optimization.
- You will identify and optimize current and new manufacturing processes using Eaton Lean System and 6 Sigma techniques.
- You will drive cost reduction initiatives by leading cost out events and promoting a culture of continue improvement.
- You will lead and coordinate at the plant level new product development projects (ProLaunch & MPS) and product design changes (ECR/ECO).
- You will compose Capital Appropriation Requests to support emerging and existing technologies manage plant capital plan.
BS in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering required.
Minimum 7 years of experience
Experience managing engineering or manufacturing functions and building organizational capability.
ISO/QS-9000 or ISO/TS16949 certification experience preferable
ASME welding experience with WPS and calculations
Experience in Lean Manufacturing, six sigma, DOE, capability studies, process mapping, FMEA, and root cause analysis.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Latin America
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time