Supply Chain Manager
Eaton’s Hydraulics division is currently seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join our team. This position is based at our Forest City, NC location.
The Supply Chain Manager directs and controls the movement of materials into, within and out of the plant. And manages key materials related functions such as production scheduling, material planning, inventory control, supply planning and in-direct materials purchasing.
- Manages plant supply chain performance, cost and on-time delivery performance.
- Understands the MRP/ERP functions and rules and continuously drives for improvements in the system (usage, accuracy, compliance, etc.) and integration into the manufacturing process, including the implementation of ERP Rules.
- Manages and reviews inputs (SIOP, cycle counting, physical inventory, profit planning) and controls (min. /max. levels, lead times, etc.) of the ordering process to ensure that inventory levels (purchase parts, WIP, finished goods, consignment, in-transit etc.) meet Plant, Division and Corporate expectations.
- Balances and coordinates the work loads and responsibilities of the employees within the Materials Planning / Scheduling function to support Plant level metrics in the areas of Financial Performance (overtime efficiency, on-time delivery, top line sales) by leveraging lean principles and plant balance (level loading, ship ahead schedules, etc.)
- Provides input, support and guidance regarding the Sales, Inventory, Operating and Planning (SIOP) process and uses the process to drive improvements into the Materials Planning / Scheduling function to ensure adequate resources are identified, financial goals met, and customers are satisfied.
- Coordinates with divisional purchasing resources to integrate supply base strategies, performance and improvements while minimizing disruption to manufacturing.
- Manages the contracts and performance of MRO suppliers (i.e. fluid materials, tooling/MRO/stores, services).
- Improves inventory accuracy by maintaining a formalized inventory cycle counting procedure with root cause analysis to drive corrective action. Plans and coordinates annual physical inventory in accordance with corporate accounting procedures.
- Models the Eaton ethical conduct policy, the Eaton Values and Philosophy, and complies with all other corporate, plant, and regulatory policies and regulations as applicable. Supports EBS, ELSS, and MESH initiatives.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction opportunities by reviewing supplier capabilities, material options, and processing requirements in order to meet and/or exceed the cost reduction initiatives.
- Leads cross-functional process improvement teams.
- Supervises, provides functional guidance, and directs assignments and responsibilities for six direct reports: Materials Planning Analyst, Scheduler, Shipping Coordinator, Warehouse Personnel (3).
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Three years related work experience developing and controlling production schedules and inventory levels and/or three years purchasing experience
• One year supervisory experience
• One year ERP/MRP experience
• PC Skills: Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint, MS Outlook, Oracle, MFG Pro, MRP systems
• Legally authorized to work in the United States on an on-going basis without company sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
• MS or MBA
• APICS certification
• Experience as a Buyer
• Experience managing inventory levels including purchased components, raw material, work-in-process, and finished goods
• Experience monitoring cycle counting procedures to ensure inventory on-hand accuracy
• Demonstrated written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FCV Fluid Conveyance Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico