Product Configuration IT Program Manager
You will provide Configuration expertise and strategic alignment between IT and the operations/functions across the enterprise (Corporate, Industrial and Electrical Sectors).
You will identify the appropriate use of technology and supported processes to meet strategic objectives by
understanding key priorities and strategic initiatives of the operation/function.
You will align opportunities and projects across the operations, driving prioritization and resource allocation within the IT project portfolio.
- You will regularly communicate and reinforce program/project status, prioritization and timing back to the organization including the communication of critical success measures, issues, and mitigation strategies.
- You will be accountable for project delivery and overall customer satisfaction across the shared IT centers of excellence.
- You will maintain working relationships with senior IT management and group vice presidents of Sales and Marketing functions.
- You will contribute to Eaton’s enterprise strategy and actively participating in the Enterprise Program Office.
- You will recommend, manage and deploy technical solutions supporting a global user base of roughly 20,000 Eaton channel partners, approximately 15,000 internal users, and capture/manage over $2 to 3B in annual sales across all Eaton product lines and regions.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three years people, project, or program management experience.
- Minimum of seven years IT work experience and/or IT stakeholder relations.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Ability to work at all levels of the organization and to have a solid understanding of front-end (sales, marketing, customer service and pricing) business process to be able to participate in strategy discussions.
- Understanding and ability to leverage organization change management techniques to resolve issues and achieve business results.
- Ability to apply user experience design principles and thinking to CPQ applications and capabilities.
- Broad knowledge of information technology capabilities and characteristics, software languages and applications, database technology, portal technologies, communications hardware/software, standards and procedures and data security techniques.
- Broad understanding of business processes and applications.
- Experience in working with global cultures, organizations and teams.
- Strong ability to structure and solve business problems, combined with strong Leadership Competencies (Dealing with Ambiguity, Managerial Courage, Leveraging Resources, Vision and Purpose, Accountability)
- Able to manage a complex array of projects simultaneously with different divisions and functional areas.
- Proven competency in motivating and effectively leading matrix teams/resources
- Demonstrated ability to develop funding requests and secure necessary investment capital.
- 4 year college degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Curriculum.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration with more than 8 years of progressive experience in a manufacturing company desired.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Configuration best practices and experience leading Configuration teams and initiatives, preferred.
- Exposure to order management, customer service applications, marketing automation, self-service portals, web content management and business intelligence solutions.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Information Technology
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time