Supplier Development Engineer - Filtration
Supplier Development Engineer - Filtration
Location: Budapest, Hungary
- Would you like to work for a large global multinational company as part of a dynamic team managing and developing suppliers?
- Are you looking for an exciting role with many varying activities?
- Do you thrive on interacting with people across locations & business levels and enjoy giving guidance, negotiating and driving improvement?
If so, then we would like to hear from you.
Here is an idea of what you will spend your time doing:
- Perform supplier capability assessments and SSAs as related to quality systems, process controls, manufacturing capabilities, and lean maturity.
- Publish audit report outlining non-conformities, opportunities for improvement, and work closely with suppliers to plan / implement appropriate and timely corrective actions.
- Actively support supply chain cost-out projects in leading Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP) process with suppliers, manufacturing plants, and engineering for on-time PPAP submission approval.
- Educate suppliers about Eaton supplier performance expectations per Eaton Supplier Excellence Manual (SEM). Train suppliers for the deployment of quality systems tools and techniques such as 8D problem solving, Process Capability Study, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP, SPC and Continuous Improvement in terms of material flow.
- Educate suppliers about Eaton internal processes to achieve optimal alignment with Eaton manufacturing plants, engineering centers, and supplier chain organization.
- Lead internal 8D problem solving team related to defective purchase components. Work closely with suppliers, Eaton manufacturing plant, Engineering, and supply chain organization in root cause analysis and timely interim and permanent corrective actions implementation through SPIP process.
- Monitor and communicate supplier performance to all key suppliers
- Support plants / buyers in the implementation of WISPER application, proper use of WISPER and timely resolution of data integrity issue
- Lead in publishing & communicating progress against SCM goals (e.g. OTD & DPPM) and facilitate improvements
- Work as liaison between suppliers and internal functions/plants (Engineering, Plants, Operations, Material Management, etc.) to clarify requirements, eliminate confusion, and improve definition of requirements
QualificationsThis job could be for you if:
- You acquired at least Bachelors in Mechanical or Industrial or other similar engineering fields. Master of Science is a plus.
- You have minimum of 3 years of experience in Quality, Supplier Quality and/or Supplier Development plus minimum 3 years of experience in Manufacturing
- You have fluent written and verbal English and German language skills; additional Language skills are advantageous
- You have Six Sigma Greenbelt or Black-Belt
- Five (5) years’ experience in Supplier Development and or in Project Management
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) and Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) is preferred
- Through knowledge of quality systems, methods and practices; ISO/TS 16949, APQP, FMEA, Control Plan, MSA, PPAP, SPC, 8Ds, 5WHY, Lean Manufacturing Tools & Techniques
- Knowledge & experience with different metals commodities
- Work experience with multi-cultural global supplier base and able to effectively communicate to a diverse group of stakeholders including senior management, operations and supply chain management.
- Self-Starter with proven ability to drive improvement, meet timelines and objectives, results oriented
- Ability to understand the business needs, technical and functional requirements at plant and regional level
- Proven ability to lead continuous cost improvement projects at suppliers
Eaton offers a comprehensive employee benefits package including competitive salary, cafeteria benefits and an employee wellness program.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time