Inventory Control Supervisor
- You will manage finish goods inventory and material flow from production lines to the shipping storeroom.
You will create plans for stockroom layout, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and safety of items stored.
You will create written reports and documentation to retrieve and input various data including but not limited to, mechanical and electrical drawings and schematics, production information and schedules, attendance, payroll, inventory transactions, scrap reporting etc.
You will communicate production metrics to management and other functional supervisors and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
You will advise employees on care and preservation of items received, stored, and shipped, as well as, methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining, and shipping stock.
You will maintain daily statistics on customer demand, production, and overdue orders.
You will optimize the functions of one’s department to effectively meet customer needs while minimizing costs.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience supporting manufacturing, operations, or technical processes
- Minimum of one (1) year of leadership experience managing people to project teams
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Only candidates currently located within a 50 mile radius of Vicksburg, MS, will be considered.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum of three (3) years of leadership experience
- Lean manufacturing and/or operational excellence skills in 5S+, Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work, Visual Management, etc.
- SAP Master User or prior working experience
- APICS certification
- Prior logistics and/or inventory control experience
- Ability to demonstrate effective communication and leadership skills
- Ability to show process focused mentality
- Ability to demonstrate problem solving skills (e.g. 8-D or A3)
- Intrinsically motivated
- Ability to act as a visionary and champion of change
- Life-long leaner, promotes a learning culture
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG LD Lighting Division
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time