Heat Treat Supervisor
Eaton’s North America Truck Group is seeking a Heat Treat Supervisor. The Heat Treat Leader will be based at our Kings Mountain, NC facility.
Direct departmental activities and initiate/participate in cross-functional activities to accomplish the objectives of safety, quality, productivity, on time delivery, and continuous improvement; which focuses on removing cost from the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.:
- Drive safety awareness of heat treat processes and equipment health; understand the technical and risks associated with heat treat. Improve, sustain, and reinforce all Environment, Health, and Safety (MESH) initiatives and procedures for heat treat. Conduct safety inspections.
- Lead team of up to 32 heat treat technicians, operators, utility operators, and temporary employees. Monitor and coach team member performance regarding safety, quality and productivity.
- Monitor machinery and equipment; initiate maintenance work orders as required to ensure safe, efficient, and effective working conditions. Schedule preventative maintenance on machines and equipment.
- Understand and analyze data from quality and metallurgical tests and checks. Verify properties to ensure department is positively affecting product quality (hardness, part specifications)
- Schedule, execute, and perform improvements around annual CQI-9 audit.
- Oversee the hiring, training, and development of current and new heat treat team members. Provide input to staffing levels and manning requirements.
- Deliver, track, monitor training and re-training (safey, quality, CQI9, OJT, etc). Provide training resources within the department for training new personnel as well as provide training that will enable personnel to better perform their roles.
- Promote and drive continuous improvement and standardization to current heat treat processes by utilizing tools such as Value Stream Mapping, A3’s, 8D’s, Rapid Improvement Events, and other tools and methodologies. Ensure standard work and processes are updated as necessary.
- Prepare reports to monitor key metrics for the Heat Treat department and drive improvement. Execute actions to support the plant High 5 goals.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited institution required
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Manufacturing, Engineering, or Operations
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship
- Minimum 2 years of direct supervisory experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering
- Certified weld inspector
- 5 years’ experience combined between formal metallurgical education and heat treat experience
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAT North America Truck
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time