Team Leader- Electrical Engineering Services & Systems
Eaton’s Engineering Service & Systems (EESS) division is currently seeking a Team Leader to join our team. This position is based at our Houston, TX service facility. Please note relocation assistance will be provided.
The Team Leader is responsible for managing projects and delegating assignments to junior field employees engineers; ensuring assignments are being completed safely within deadlines, at or under budget, and within quality expectations.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will act as a technical expert in the engineering and services field by exhibiting product application knowledge, and customer interface.
- You will provide coordination on service programs to optimize customer service and market penetration.
- You will answer application questions and provide sales support.
- You will assure an effective and skilled staff through recruiting, assessment of talent (find gaps and follow action plans to fill gaps), training & development, goal setting, communications, performance appraisal, and conformance to applicable company policies. Provide leadership and direction to ensure professional growth for employees and retention within the district.
- You will assure the safety of employees who work in low, medium, and high voltage work environments. Ensure strict compliance with safety policies, trains and implements safety programs, ensures safety equipment resources are available and properly tested, acts as a safety liaison with customers, ensures proper disposal of hazardous and nonhazardous materials.
- You will provide input to the profit and strategic planning processes and submit monthly operations report summarizing key events throughout each month.
- You will interface with customers, district operations, general sales force, manufacturing plants, product division management, and functional support staff.
- You will handle escalation procedures in accordance with our 24/7 service business. Makes sound business decisions on the fly when support functions are unavailable.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Marketing or applicable discipline from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 5 years leading large service engineering projects or three to five years of management experience in another field.
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Electrical and EESS industry, products and solutions.
- Candidate should have working knowledge of the overall sales function, customer channels to market, and negotiation techniques and must be able to manage division, customer and departmental resources to maximize growth opportunities.
- Electrical Contractor’s license.
- Professional Engineering license.
- General Contractor’s license.
Position Success Criteria:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Broad understanding of market channel relationships and processes.
- Basic understanding of product applications and customer needs.
- Must be able to lead and manage upwards and downwards.
- Must leverage resources and relationships within the division, other Eaton Electrical business units, and customers in order to achieve country/region/division success.
- Submit to periodic customer required background and drug screenings.
- Must have valid Drivers license.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG EESSD Electrical Engrg Svcs Systems Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time