Assembly Technician I (Sub-Assembly - OEM/APC 1st Shift)
Eaton has an immediate opening for an Assembly Technician I
(Sub Assembly 1st Shift) located in Greenwood, SC.
Assemble and wire Medium Voltage Sub-Assemblies. Assemble and wire internal components. Set and operate engraving machine and assemble nameplates. Box, pack and ship finished product and all raw materials, as appropriate.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will work to manufacturing information, electrical and mechanical drawings, sketches, written or oral instruction from supervisor or engineering and to established procedures.
- You will be responsible for visual inspections of material before and after assembling. Identify nonconforming parts, troubleshooting. May be required to perform hypot test on assemblies.
- You will use various fixtures, gauges and assembly tools to assemble, adjust or repair assemblies. Use of layout, drill, saw, punch, rivet and paint material as required.
- You will apply identification labeling on completed sub-assemblies as required.
- You will form shipping groups of final products shipped to external customers and prepare assemblies for shipment or storage, as appropriate.
- You will assemble, wire and mount equipment for sub-assembly and customer service orders.
- You will pack, crate and band items together for
shipment. Include proper identification on packing material. Select and
pack appropriate literature, shipping lists and instruction booklets.
You will build crates for shipping products, as appropriate. Sort, weigh and complete all shipping orders. Request release for shipment.
- You will maintain records of material shortages and assemblies completed then relay to production operator.
- You will load assemblies and materials onto trucks. Use material handling equipment, including powered industrial vehicles, to move product and supplies. May lift and carry up to 50 lbs. and push or pull up to 100 lbs. occasionally with assistance. May climb platform to assemble or repair units and to retrieve material from Kan Ban racks.
- You will apply product labeling for identification before moving to shipping.
- You will assist lower coded operators or perform tasks of lower coded positions.
- You may travel to customer site to assist with installation or repairs.
- You will complete checklists and feedback forms for finished product.
- You will monitor levels of Mexico, W-24 and/or Kan Ban inventory and report shortages.
- You will work to establish procedures, manufacturing information, engraving requisitions, drawings, nameplate standard book and written or oral instructions from supervision.
- You will set up and operate engraving machine.
- You will use fixtures, gauges and measuring instruments for the purpose of holding, drilling and measuring nameplates.
- You will use drill press, table saw, and beveling machine to drill, cut and form nameplates and mimic bus.
- You will set up engraving machine to conform to non-standard instructions (various sizes, colors, and types of materials) per special customer requirements.
- You will fill engraved characters with coloring material and remove excess waste or dust, etc.
- You will be expected to comply with the environment, health, and safety guidelines.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. from an accredited institution
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Relocation is not offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate Greenwood, SC area (60 miles) will be considered for this position (with exception of internal candidates currently assigned to one of our Greenwood, SC sites)
- At least 3 months of manufacturing experience in an industrial manufacturing environment
- At least 3 months of experience using hand and air tools
- South Carolina Manufacturing Certification (SCMC) or equivalent
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No