- You will implement Lean Manufacturing concepts , including Value Stream Map evaluation of current state production opportunities and the implementation of future state throughout all areas of operations
- You will evaluate manufacturing problems and implement improvements,
- You will increase safety and repeatability of existing processes,
- You will identify and investigate new technologies for improving manufacturing processes,
- You will generate and implement Engineering Change Notices enhancing product quality and reducing product cost,
- You will initiate, develop and manage capital improvement projects including manufacturing equipment, facility enhancements and new product start-ups,
- You will drive continuous improvement on the shop floor, including opportunities to improve Quality, Productivity, and cost reduction
- You will coordinate and complete multiple projects on schedule with minimal supervision.
- You will create user friendly pictorial work instructions for new and existing product builds
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- Must be authorized to working in the United States without company sponsorship
- Engineering Degree in Electrical, Industrial, or Manufacturing Engineering from an accredited educational institution
- 1 or more years of experience supporting a manufacturing engineering environment including internship and co-op experience.
- Prior experience with Lean is a plus
- Experience with AutoCAD
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG RWDD Residential Wiring Devices Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within United States and / or Puerto Rico