Specialist Engineer-Joints Product
A successful candidate will be able to lead multiple critical and/or large scale projects on an integrated product team utilizing global resources, to take a technical challenge from concept or problem identification, through to production release or final solution. The ability to proactively work with resources such as the Test Labs, Quality and Manufacturing Engineering is essential. Reports to Engineering Manager, Global Joints Technology.
- Provide technical sign-off on bids and proposals and NPD programs through ACES activity matrix, design, test readiness, and technical reviews across global Joints programs.
- Design or develop new products or re-design and develop current products. Mentors the engineer team on the technical and process aspects of their programs and conducts lessons learned and other training sessions (DFSS, Process, …) across the global team.
- Lead structured problem solving efforts to resolve issues at plants, OEMs, end users, suppliers, or in the development process in a timely manner. Develop recommendations and implement solutions.
- Develops and own the Joints technology roadmaps. Provides input into the technical and business strategy. Gathers input from the customer by understanding their technical roadmaps and strategy.
- Provides leadership for or supports the bids and proposals process by contributing to RFQ packages.
- May execute technical deliverables within the PROLaunch development process. May lead completion of technical deliverables at the “Major Repeater” risk classification.
- Develop and apply statistical and analytical tools and models towards effective problem-solving and completion of project activities.
- Develop and implement design requirements, specifications, and guidelines as well as test procedures and plans. Apply technical expertise to develop new solutions and ideas to meet or exceed requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 7 years mechanical design experience .
- Minimum 1 year of experience in new product development
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- DFSS Greenbelt/Blackbelt certification. Experience training others in DFSS/DFR.
- Good statistical analysis skills in the mechanical discipline
- Manufacturing process knowledge of conveyance components
- SAE/AMSE/Professional Society experience
- FEA and CFD experience (ability to understand results and to direct analyses by support group through the definition of boundary conditions and load conditions.)
- SME in Fluid Conveyance products
- 10+ years of experience in mechanical design of sealed conveyance components or systems (tubes, ducting, rigid and flexible joints and couplers, flanges)
- Ability to interpret technical and regulatory specifications and convert requirements to qualifying actions including analysis, similarity, and testing
- Proficiency in CATIA v5 and PROEngineer Wildfire
- Proficiency in Product Data Management systems for document control and workflow management (ENOVIA is a plus)
- Ability to perform preliminary structural and mechanical analysis through FEA and/or kinematic simulation.
- Mastery of fluid conveyance related products, manufacturing techniques, and material science
- Ability to organize information, produce well written reports and prepare technical presentations
- Develop and release Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP’s), Qualification Test Plans (QTP’s), and support Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) conformity efforts, and manage all Failure
- Reporting and Corrective Action System (FRACAS) activities with the customer during qualification test program.
- Experience testing and certifying of Aerospace Components. RTCA - DO160
- Support product manufacturing through resolutions of Engineering Change Requests
- Experience in customer facing projects including leading major project elements such as bid phase, PDR, CDR, certification
- Knowledge of AS1650, AS7510, AS1710, AS1895, AS1960, AS4060, and Aerospace Fluid Conveyance a plus
- Material Review Board or non-conformance acceptance experience
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Ability to effectively document and present results of technical activities. Design, analyze and optimize products capable of meeting customer requirements and industry standards through the use of existing, modified, and/or new designs
- Provide on-site support during physical verification of analytic methods at test lab(s) to ensure successful product qualification test program
- Interact and consult with various OPEX teams to ensure smooth industrialization transition of technology from development to production
- Contribute to successful project completion by participating in the resolution of issues such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard material, and difficult coordination issues.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical Distribution
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time