Lead Design Thinking Facilitator
Partner with product and user experience designers to craft and facilitate world-class design thinking exercises and workshops across multiple product applications, functions, and industries around the world.
Manage the end-to-end experience of workshops including discovery, planning, logistics, delivery, documentation, and synthesis
Champion design thinking and world-class workshops that are both intentionally and dynamically designed, teaching and sharing your expertise internally and externally
Inspire your workshop participants, seamlessly leading them through design methodologies that ladder up to strategic solutions. Navigate challenges and pivot when necessary, keeping groups on track along the way
Synthesize insights from workshops, helping to create strategic deliverables for clients
Build strong, collaborative partnerships with clients and teams to help drive business solutions
Develop workshop training materials that can be reused and tailored for new workshops.
Develop strategic partnerships and execute the strategy to scale design thinking education throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s in Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related field and equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, Industrial Designer, Product Designer or equivalent.
- Minimum 2+ years of experience facilitating Design Thinking or Human Centered Design workshops.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Master's Degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Interaction Design, Industrial Design, Psychology or related field from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience creating designs for a wide variety of product experiences
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience facilitating Design Thinking or Human Centered Design workshops.
A portfolio demonstrating compelling user experiences, Industrial Design and progression from research through production
You’re an advocate of human-centered design, an expert in design methodologies, and skilled at translating design thinking for non-designers.
You have a strong background in experience design, product design, and/or human-centered design methodologies.
You’re a charismatic and energizing public speaker, and you know how to command a room.
You’re a challenge-seeker and a strategic problem-solver. The more complex, the better.
You’re empathetic, curious, and innovative.
You handle curve balls and pushback with poise.
You understand both humans and technology, and you’re interested in how they interact.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Electrical Sector
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time