Eaton’s ESSG division is currently seeking a Buyer to join our team. This position is based at our Greenwood, SC location.
Responsible for the procurement of a large variety of complex materials and services in order to effectively support the production requirements for the plant; develop appropriate stocking strategies; work with corporate resources to identify product supply sources and review and negotiate purchase price; work with supplier quality team to qualify vendors to ensure the overall conformance of materials purchased to manufacturing specifications; assist facility with new product development; and manage vendor relationships/quality/delivery/inventory levels in accordance with plant objectives.
- You will maintain continuing knowledge and an understanding of the company’s outside supplier product demands and production scheduling techniques to support the timely availability and procurement of required materials within the current inventory guidelines.
- You will locate and select new and alternate sources of supply to meet the production requirements of the plant.
- You will establish and maintain effective contacts and working relationships with vendors and suppliers for all necessary information.
- You will prepare and communicate product specifications to vendors for bid as appropriate and negotiate with the most favorable bidder(s) considering costs, quality, delivery, etc.
- You will award and administer purchase orders and agreements in accordance with established company policies and procedures.
- You will develop, coordinate, and manage alliances with key suppliers.
- You will work with facility design engineers to support significant manufacturing project builds.
- You will support corporate commodity managers on cost reduction programs.
- You will support supplier quality team through participation in the APQP/PPAP qualification process.
- You will support cycle counts for specific brands and / or MRO products and help support annual physical inventory.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of one (1) year minimum experience within production, procurement or engineering within a manufacturing environment.
- Authorized to work in the United States without Company sponsorship.
Preferred Qualifications: (Not required to be qualified for the role)
- Three (3) years of experience within production, procurement or engineering within a manufacturing environment.
- APICS CPIM certification.
- SAP Experience.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CPSD PRD Power Reliability Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time