Supply Chain Intern (Summer 2019)
- You will gain invaluable hands-on supply chain experience in a professional setting, with the opportunity to lead projects and work with global and cross functional teams
- You will support SCM or Materials project teams with key activities through development phases (inception to full-scale production). These activities could include:
- Planning and tracking capital expenditures & cost savings
- Generating and submitting requests for quotes (RFQ) and cost estimates to supply base
- Issuing purchase requisitions and tracking requisition status
- Maintaining RFQ / Cost Estimate logs to ensure proper tracking and timely follow up
- Managing Purchase Order (PO) status and communicate and follow up on past due PO's
- Supporting program launches and special projects associated with new product development
- Managing commodity and/or global sourcing and supplier performance
- Collaborating and communicating with various teams to report out project status utilizing existing or new tracking tools
- You will have the opportunity to lead or support development and implementation of selected SCM processes, tools, data management, and analysis
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program in Supply Chain Management or Industrial Engineering at an accredited institution, with a graduation date of December 2019 or later.
- Legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
- No relocation is offered for this position. Only candidates located within 50 miles of Galesburg, MI will be considered for this position.
- GPA of 3.00 or better required
- Previous internships or co-ops in Materials or SCM preferred
- Enrolled in a Bachelor's degree program as a sophomore, junior or senior
- Leadership in school or community organizations preferred
- It is preferred that candidates have completed at least the first year of their degree program
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH Vehicle Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time