Lead Software Engineer
- You will be a key contributor to the continued development, validation and release of software for creation of new product opportunities that provide value through technology.
- You will create commercially viable design solutions for new product opportunities in the vehicle powertrain industry
- You will design prototype and pre-production vehicle systems including conventional powertrain systems and hybrid powertrain systems.
- You will invent new intellectual property that enables value creation and oversee the installation of prototype systems into development vehicles.
- You will interact with engineers, designers, customer, partner, supplier organizations
- and technicians to accomplish project objectives.
- You will perform/support vehicle modeling and simulation activities to predict performance and efficiency (with validation testing where required).
- You will Support prototype and OEM vehicle integration and development efforts from the power train controls perspective.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with an emphasis in controls design, development and test of powertrain components
- Experience with MATLAB/ Simulink.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship now and in the future.
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering in design or systems from an accredited institution.
- Electronic hardware design—electronics for vehicle electric environments, interconnected products (systems), design strategies for EMC, etc.
- Experience with vehicle electronic systems
- Experience with C and embedded programming a plus
- Good understanding of automotive and commercial vehicle markets and the environmental requirements and related qualification testing required
- Electronic design tools: schematic capture, circuit and behavioral simulation (Altium, SPICE, Simplis, Ansys, Matlab/Simulink), PCB layout and design
- Experience with model based design methods a plus
- Software Development tools: (MPLAB, IAR Embedded Workbench, AVR studio, Keil, Microchip and Atmel development tools)
- Microchip, Atmel, ST, TI microprocessor families.
- Creating and maintaining electronic documentation for manufacturing.
- Working knowledge of automotive serial data protocols (CAN J1939, J1587, J1708, LIN, CANopen).
- Maintaining various software tools (C compilers, programming environments, programming stations, serial data networks).
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Strong presentation & communication skills.
- Ability to plan, schedule, and execute development testing (scheduling test labs, designing test equipment, designing and building test harnesses, creating test strategies for both validation and production testing, writing procedures and reports)
- Supervising other engineering tasks (provide design guidance, assembly drawings, PCB layout, software development, validation testing, systems engineering)
- You will make direct and substantive contributions to engineering team’s continued development of the application controls model to incorporate new features which continue to increase the value of the hybrid product.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH VTI Engrg Vehicle Technology and Innovation
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time