Senior Engineer - xEV (eMobility)
· This position is part of Systems engineering team developing eMobility systems solutions for electrical and hybrid solutions for on- and off-road vehicles. As a member of the System engineering team, you will lead and define detailed requirements for xEV systems, contribute to definition of mechanical, electrical and hardware designs, generate and validate system models, develop test plans and perform validation testing to confirm that system and functional requirements are met and support functional safety and certification. In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for working with their engineering manager and cross functional teams to achieve the desired results. Incumbent will also be responsible for customer facing support to gather VOC and solve customer problems. Incumbent will work closely with engineers located in various locations in the U.S. Europe and Asia and will have functional reporting to the Global engineering directors.
· Provide technical solutions from existing and personally developed technology. Possesses a broad strategic vision of the division’s future products and services and provides consultation in the chosen area of expertise with a strong system level understanding. Be a signatory for major deliverables / program.
· Define high level and detailed requirement for xEV systems, subsystems and components to meet system level performance and reliability.
· Develop high level design involving mechanical & electrical / power electronics / hardware design and interface designs. Optimize design for energy efficiency and various performance strategies using physical modeling or simulation tools.
· Perform validation and verification test plans at a unit, sub-system and vehicle level to fully validate requirements.
· Utilize FMEA process to enhance design robustness. Contribute to continued enhancement of architecture to support additional product features.
· Analyze vehicle data from test and customer vehicles to investigate, identify, and resolve issues and performance complaints.
· Help define and improve systems engineering standards and processes, contribute to industry technical papers and conferences.
· Provide customer facing support and solve customer problems. Develop understanding of marketplace for systems and services by closely working with Sales and Marking team along with the customer support.
· Interface with products teams in EIIC and global locations; act as the liaison for program associated with associated simulation technologies
· Monitors progress and achievements on projects, ensure technical reviews and expert resolution of issues and monitor integration of work.
· Thorough understanding of digital validation tools and techniues to predict performance of products including flow and thermal simulations, control systems, system architecture, system modeling and tools, Six Sigma (DFSS) expertise.
· Engage and contribute on multiple programs, adjacent to your technical expertise and be part of cross-functional teams. Capture the knowledge in the form publications. Consult on various other programs which require your domain knowledge
· Understands technology advancement / market demand by closely working with Sales and Marking team along with the customer support
Masters in Mechanical / Electrical / Electronics / Mechatronics engineering with industry experience of over 5 years and proven track record in engineering research / analysis / product design in multi-disciplinary areas of auto / aero / hydraulic / electrical domain is essential.
- Experience in Systems engineering, Requirements Management, Validation, Verification and Certification of Auto / Electrical domain
- Experience in hybrid / vehicle electrification
- Experience with ISO 26262 and/or ASPICE standards.
- Experience with Systems engineering tools - MATLAB/Simulink tools , IBM Jazz Tools
Preferred / Additional specialized knowledge
- Knowledge of AUTOSAR
- Experience working with HILS environment like dSPACE, ETAS
- Analytical Modeling of dynamical systems.
- Scripting languages
- Troubleshooting Electronic Control Units (ECU)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time