Eaton in Jackson, MS is seeking a full-time Inspector. The Inspector will perform layout inspection for the machine shop.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
- You will select appropriate measuring instruments and measurement techniques for the job at hand.
- You will set-up and inspect component parts to the appropriate drawings, process sheets, and inspection instructions.
- You will document inspection results in accordance with the appropriate Quality Assurance Procedure.
- You will perform and document results of first article inspections, FAA conformity inspections and expanded inspections on required programs.
- You will utilize and operate all measuring equipment and instruments located within the machine shop and inspection locations.
- You will perform and document results of the pre-shipment inspection of final assemblies and loose parts prior to shipment.
- You will perform operator defined TPM and/or 5S tasks as required.
- You will perform other duties as required with the job classification.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years prior work experience in a manufacturing or military environment performing machining, assembly, testing, or inspection work
- OR an Associate’s Degree in a technical field such as drafting, designing, industrial production, or manufacturing engineering technology
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates that currently reside within the immediate geographical area of Jackson, MS will be considered
- Prior work experience using inspection techniques
- Prior work experience using basic table layout techniques including, but not limited to, true position, perpendicularity, runout, and parallelism
- Machine shop math knowledge
- Team player attitude demonstrated in boss and peer relationships
- Strong work ethic demonstrated through action orientation and a drive to achieve results
- Ability to articulate technical information in an actionable format in both verbal and written form
- Flexibility, ability to multitask, and proficiency in shifting priorities
- Strong shop math skills
- Basic knowledge of component parts
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and applicable specifications
- Ability to read and complete inspection ledgers
- Demonstrated ability to select and use measuring equipment
- Concern for quality improvement
- Concern for job safety
- Ability to read and complete inspection ledger, inspection check sheet, operation sheet, move ticket and discrepancy report (DR) and other paperwork as necessary to comply with Quality Systems
- Responsible for notifying supervisors when work received does not meet the specifications required by previous operators including paperwork requirements as observable.
- Responsible for returning all tools to their proper location at the end of the shift and cleaning work area
- Proper use of all tools and gages necessary to complete and to verify that all work performed has been completed to specifications as required
- Compliance to Manufacturing Self-Release Process (MSRP), and responsible for the quality of the product going to next operation
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FMC Fuel Motion Control Systems
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No