Production Associate, Panelboard Assembly - 1st Shift
Eaton’s Electrical Engineering Services and Systems division is currently seeking a Production Associate – Panelboard Assembly - 1st shift to join our team. This position is based at our Sumter, SC facility.
This position is on 1st Shift (Monday-Friday), with occasional overtime and weekend work per business needs.
The Production Associate will provide manufacturing expertise and support in all areas of the Panelboard Segment Team including, but not limited to, allocation of materials, assembly, inspection, testing, wiring, and shipping with the overall goal of timely order fulfillment and adherence to Eaton’s quality standards.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
· You will exhibit a strong adherence to quality by continually seeking methods of improvement for all functions of the position. Ensure that all products and parts adequately meet Eaton’s quality guidelines as they move throughout the production process. Perform quality checks as instructed.
· You will receive and carry out work assignments from management and internal customers so as to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner. Closely follow established procedures for completing assigned function and perform special assignments and/or projects as assigned.
· You will comply with all safety and industrial hygiene requirements, including proper use of personal protective equipment and operation of equipment in a safe and competent manner. Understand and meet all departmental safety objectives and goals.
· You will keep assigned work-area clean and organized per 5S standards.
· You will work with members of a team to effectively complete work assignment. Receive information from team members regarding customer needs and product requirements and utilize this information to perform one’s function.
· You will exhibit strong analytical and problem solving skills so as to resolve any obstacles or delays that may occur in the production process.
· You will perform Lean Initiatives by recommending suggestions for improvement related to quality, work processes, and environmental safety and health.
· You will perform routine preventative maintenance when required to ensure peak performance of all manufacturing equipment.
· You will correctly select and install various components/devices in accordance to drawings, diagrams, blueprints, travel documents, DMM system, manufacturing information, Kanban cards, hand drawn layout request, oral / written instructions.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
· High school diploma or GED equivalent from an accredited institution.
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship.
· No relocation benefit is offered for this position. Only candidates residing within the immediate area of the Sumter facility (50 mile radius) will be considered for this position.
· Computer literate.
· Working knowledge of Lean concepts.
· Some experience in assembly operation, or assembly requiring drawings or diagrams.
- Ability to read and comprehend front views, one line diagrams, bills of material and pick sheets.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 35lbs with reasonable accommodation. Incumbent must be able to stand for extended periods of time. Repetitive lifting, bending, and squatting is inherent to this position.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills, persuasive skills, and analytical problem solving skills. Work with individuals and groups to effectively participate within team environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG CDPAD Comml Distrib Prods Assy Div
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No