Engineer - Aerospace
Job Title: Engineer #060641
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team - winning is fun.
We are looking forward to Engineer in EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Aerospace Group based in Pune, India.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role is part of EIIC-Eaton India Innovation Center, within Aerospace Group and Primary responsibility of this role is to execute Aerospace Hydraulics Aftermarket projects , Bids & proposals and NPI projects execution from Eaton India innovation Center. The focus will be on Hydraulics control products (filter module, valves, manifolds) from Aero FMC Los Angeles site as NPI, NPD and sustaining business as a strategic focus area for this product line. Person in this position will be responsible for executing identified projects by directly working with global team members and associated business group . He/she will also be responsible for handling all communication and coordination of all related activities for successful completion of the projects.
Your essential responsibilities:
- Capture customer voice and perform initial feasibility analysis, plan project milestones and estimate NRE efforts.
- Performs complex engineering assignments, involving product design, testing and preparation of specifications, process studies, or research investigations using appropriate tools and techniques for the product like filter module, valves and manifolds.
- Execute engineering design modifications or create new design using engineering analysis and DFSS.Perform test planning and engineering documentation using appropriate tools and techniques
- Support prototyping and reliability testing of products by working closely with Reliability experts, test engineering team , lab experts and global product engineers.
- Lead cost out activities for Valves and manifolds. Plan and conduct Should cost analysis by leveraging DFMA methodologies.
- Deployment of DFSS methodology ,DFR and engineering analytics for new product development &/or existing product improvements.
- Prepare detailed CAD 3D models and drawings by applying design standards (GD&T, tolerance stack, etc.) and procedures governing product design methods, documents and data control for the Aerospace group
- Performs quality check of drawings/ concepts created to meet Eaton and customer standards / requirements. Actively participate in benchmarking activities, brain storming sessions and drawing/design reviews.
- Creates reusable design practices by preparing design guides and calculators for Valves and manifolds.
- Mentoring and guidance to new engineers and SCE team on Hydraulics controls product line.
- Participate in deployment of the Aerospace group initiatives such as AS9100c, 5S,ITAR Compliance
If you are:
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering /Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
3+ years of relevant experience on Mechanical Product design and development
Knowledge on Hydraulics system and components
DFSS Green Belt certification- Demonstrated experience of using DFSS tools like DFMEA,FMECA, Monte Carlo Analysis, Regression,DVPR etc.
Systematic problem solving methods and tools -8D, Fishbone, RCA
CATIA / PROEngineering tool
Engineering Analysis tools -PRO Mechanica, Mathcad
Effective communication and presentation skills
Experience in hydraulic product design in development like pumps, valves and manifold
Experience in hydraulic component testing as per RTCA DO 160, MIL 810
Understanding of Aerospace products and standards
Design for Reliability (DfR) knowledge
Proficiency in Hydro-mechanical calculations
Proficiency in Hydraulic circuits and control logic understanding
Proficiency in GD&T application
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
*We make what matters work.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential - and where you can help us reach ours. Need more about Eaton? Come on in @ www.eaton.com.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time