Manager - Continuous Improvement
- You will collaborate with the leadership team to lead the development and implementation of the site Lean and Six Sigma strategy, actions, and cross-functional activities via the Continuous Improvement Council.
- You will be able to demonstrate a knowledge of the tools in a learning environment, while also capable of deploying the tools in order to create value for the site.
- You will provide Operational Assessment (Op A) support across the organization to drive short-term and long-term business improvements.
- You will utilize Lean and Six Sigma tools to eliminate waste driving customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and improved working capital performance.
- You will conduct Eaton Lean System (ELS) assessments to identify performance gaps, and work through the leadership team to prioritize improvement activities and close gaps.
- You will coordinate and assist with corporate initiatives, participating on teams in order to drive best practices across Eaton Corp.
- You will manage plant cost-out activities.
- You will assist in improvement activities including training, mentoring, facilitating RIEs, Kaizen events, Six Sigma projects, tool deployment, benchmarking, etc.
- You will analyze organizational metrics and performs managerial reviews to evaluate results and recommend action plans to close gaps at an operational level.
- You will build Organizational Capability by hiring and developing CI leaders, participates in annual development plans and provides input on organization capability/succession planning sessions.
- Develop and Implement annual CI calendar of events aligning to EBS Pull (Strategic) projects
- You will initiate, lead, and facilitate successful RIEs/ Kaizen events/Continuous Improvement events and BPIs for the Pimpri facility.
- You will serve as Tool Expert in all ELS/CI Tools with emphasis on Value Stream Mapping and develop local ELS/CI Tool Champions and Experts by providing training and coaching support
- You will perform and validate ELSS assessments as per yearly plan follow-up with completion of actions
- You will be responsible for attainment of ELSS Assessment and ELSS Cost Savings objectives and provide regular ELSS/CI status updates to plant staff and immediate supervisor
- You will drive Continuous Improvement Framework deployment to create culture of problem solving and continuous improvement though engagement and continuously raising the standard
- You will monitor overall plant performance toward plant and division objectives for High 5 / Cost Out activities
- Support expansion projects, productivity improvement projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution required
- 10+ years of experience in Manufacturing and/or Distribution
- Experience in driving Lean and Six Sigma initiatives.
Prior work experience in different functions is preferred to ensure this CI Manager sees the linkages between functions, impact of functional decisions downstream and how multiple functions work within a value stream.
- Train and lead plant in CI tools, Continuous Improvement Framework, EBS Pull, and Rapid
- Strong working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles Lean/Six Sigma Certification (Green Belt, Black Belt)
- Strong understanding and execution of Value Stream Mapping
- Demonstrated experience in Lean and Six Sigma manufacturing methodology, techniques and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in continuous improvement methods, strategic management, project management and an ability to have fun while successfully deploying the tools.
- Excellent communication skills, proven capability to lead change in a team environment
- Thorough understanding of problem solving methodologies used in determining root cause and formulating corrective action.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Demonstrated proficiency in various software applications like MS Office suite and Sharepoint.
- Knowledge of manufacturing principles and technical specifications to support plant competencies.
- Ability to direct and lead cross-functional process improvement teams across the organization.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Operational Excellence
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: HYD Hydraulics Group
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time